i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

hmmm...

i don't know how many of you have heard this story...but go check it out...here. cynthiaa lost her baby boy. she was almost due. and the cord strangled him. i sit here and just can't imagine the pain. i never have thought about not bringing a baby home with me when going to the hospital. i can't imagine what it must be like to leave with empty arms. an empty car seat. go home to an empty crib. swing. bouncy. truthfully...i NEVER want to know how that feels again. i know i 'just' miscarried a baby back a few years ago. but i still felt that empty feeling when i left the clinic. BUT i never had the joy of feeling it move and kick and to play with it. how much harder would that be....ahhhh. through all of my pain and the emotions i feel for ms cynthiaa i KNOW ONE THING. that god is STILL god. he is STILL good. he NEVER changes. and i thank him just a bit longer today for my precious babies. the four here with me and the one he got first. i'll always be a mommy to five...unless of course there are more born....

geesh. sorry. i don't mean to lay it on so heavy. but my heart is heavy. so that's what i reflect.

dance went okay today. the FURNACE was broken. which means it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cold. it usually is 57ish in there at first...today it was 52. and so cold outside. brrr. good thing the girls got warm dancin' and i got warm after at the family resturaunt. there were some funny ole men there today. well they're there every week actually. but they were close enough today that i could eavesdrop better. (i'm really bad at that) but the were hilarious to listen to!! i even had to call shaun to tell him something they said.

my friend met me to do the exchange of diapers. the fuzzi bunz diapers. i tried them out already. they are so nice. they're more like a 'regular' diaper. i figure that i am going to use these for when i'm 'out and about' with the kiddos. they're a bit faster to change than the prefolds and wraps. but i still love the prefolds and bummis wraps too. so now i just have a few more options. and i think that the fuzzi bunz will be easier for shaun or someone watching the kiddos to change. i am lovin' the cloth diapers so far....but i have decided if and when they ever are sick..you know...with the yucky poopy..it'll be disposables FOR SURE. it'd just be a bit easier...and less time for me to wanna gag!! :0)

well i suppose. i am going to my mom's in a bit. i have to go to walmart and she's going to watch the kiddos for me. but i want to wake up dustin to feed him quick and then start hauling them out again. breigh and caitlyn are still sleeping...so hopefully they wake up soon. it's been awhile. biggest loser tonight! woo hoo...the bachelor last night was pretty good. i knew stephanie wouldn't last til the end...but had hope. they weren't 'perfect' for each other...but i hope she finds someone...she deserves it. i'm not sure who i'm rooting for now...true beauty was good. i'm glad chelsea is GONE. she drove me bonkers a bit. :0) alright that's my quick recap. toodles.

7 loving words from you.:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Yay to you for the cloth diapers! I use disposable..boo to me..old habits die hard...
I am glad Chelsea is gone too..she drove me bonkers as well.
Prayers for Cynthia and their tragic loss..I can not imagine either..
We must all pray, pray for comfort for that family in this tragic, sad time..
Annmarie

He & Me + 3 said...

The cloth diaper thing is so great. I never could have done that...because when i used to babysit I had to change them and I always poked my fingers with the pins, but now they don't use pins...do they? I am so out of the loop. Very green though. I think it is awesome that you are doing it!
Nice of your mom to watch the kids while you run to walmart too. I love to get out and shop by myself...even if it is just a little while.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Praying for Cynthia. What a terrible loss! I can't imagine her pain right now.

I'm glad you got the other diapers. I hope you have a successful shopping trip to WM. I have a love/hate relationship with that place :o)

The Mama said...

I finally got to watch a BL and Joelle went home. YEAY! But I feel sorry for Carla. I'm glad you update us with the diaper info. I really want to make the switch.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Yippee for you with the Fuzzi Bunz...I loved those!

And, I just read Cynthia's heartbreaking story. I cannot imagine the pain. :(
I will continue to pray for her and her family.

Stephanie said...

Seriously you're brave to cloth diaper your babies!!!! i don't know if I could do that :) Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

How tragic :( my mother almost lost me when she was 37 weeks pregnant and the cord was wrapped around my neck twice. I didn't realize how scary that was until I saw it happen to my sister's son when she was 39 weeks pregnant... fortunately he barely survived, whew. I will keep Cynthia in my prayers, it is the most tragic thing to come home to an empty crib. I feel like I lost a piece of me when the pregnancy test shows up as negative, I can't imagine what it's like to lose something that you felt kick inside your tummy for months. Wow, my heart is heavy now ((sighs)) the Lord has a plan for everything and He is good. We need to trust in Him.