i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, October 27, 2008

while in labor...not me monday

so i know i need to post all about my labor and delivery, but i only have a quick minute to post, so i'm posting my not me's and will work on the labor and delivery of our sweet little baby boy dustin.

so while in labor i did not have so much amniotic fluid it was all over the sheets and had to have them changed, that's truly never happened to me before, and i was not so disgusted by it.

i also did not walk the hallways leaving a trail of this so called fluid...and when we got back to the room i did not ask shaun to please wipe it off my legs...and when his face had a disgusted look on it i did not laugh harder and proceed to leak more fluid...

while in labor i did not think about asking for a c-section just to get this baby out...(i'll post more details on it later, but this was my longest labor yet and i was just so ready to meet our son)

i also did not tell the nurse that i'll just 'go up there' and pull this baby out...she also did not laugh at me

while in labor i did not enjoy watching an info-mercial on the cricut expression, and get bummed when i realized it was almost over

after delivering i did not tear up when shaun said, 'sure', when asked to cut the umbilical cord, it was his first time!!

and after delivering i did not cry while holding my son...yeah right...i so did cry!! he is so beautiful and the whole experience is beautiful and i was so excited to finally be holding him on the outside.

okay so there you have it. a 'in labor' not me monday. it's all i have time for right now. i'll be sure to post SOON some pictures and the whole experience...my sister did put up some pictures if you didn't check those out go to her blog. www.agk11808.blogspot.com and i'll promise to be back soon. :) amanda

15 loving words from you.:

Suzanne said...

So thankful that you and your son are doing well. You AMAZE me that you are posting Not Me's! Take care, looking forward to more details of your laboring! ;)
Okay, only a mom would say that, and mean it!
CountryMom

Shanan Strange said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations on baby #4. So happy for you guys. I'm amazed that you aren't skipping your Not Me's. Post some pictures of the new baby soon!

Liz said...

WOW you are a trooper..I might have skipped "Not Me's" after my fourth! Congratulations!

Kameron said...

Congrats on your newest blessing! I too am amazed that you managed to get a not me post in with just having your baby! Get some rest and enjoy your boy!

-stephanie- said...

Yay, Congratulations on your new son. I checked out your sisters blog. He's beautiful. Enjoy.

The Beaver Bunch said...

I did not think you were mega-blogger MckMama and embarrass myself to no end.

I AM glad that you have a healthy baby boy.

Congrats!

Stacy said...

Congrats on baby #4! Love reading your NMM.

Prachar family said...

Congrats on your son! I have 3 boys then a beautiful surprise girl...what is it about the 4th one giving you the opposite sex of the previous 3, I know lots of families like that...ANYWAY, great Not me's from the Delivery room...I think you're onto something! An entire Not me! Monday devoted to our mortifying labor moments! Quite appropriate for Mckmama's week next time as well! THanks for sharing!
Travis

Amie said...

You are one dedicated NMM'er!!!

Congrats on the birth of your baby boy!!
I stopped by your sis' blog.. He is beautiful! And you all look so happy!!!

HAPPY HAPPY DAY!

:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Just wanted to say that I too have recently seen an info-mercial for the circuit expression and it almost sucked me in! It look so awesome, and I'm sure you can vouch for the awesomeness of it! Maybe someday it will suck me all the way in and I'll buy it, for now... I'll just be jealous that my favorite cousin (shh... don't tell amy, lol!) has one! haha! enjoyed your Not Me's... hope you had a great day!

Khadra said...

Congrats on your newest addition!!
Very funny about the amniotic fluid :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I have visited your site before, but this is the first time I am leaving a comment. Couldn't resist, especially given how entertaining your Not-Me's are today. Walking down the hall leaving a trail behind you. Oh my! Something only a woman can endure and still laugh about.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. Enjoy this special time as a family.

Jane Anne said...

Hi! I am fairly new to Not Me Monday (posted my 2nd one today). Anyway... I am a mom of 4, too. I have 3 boys and then a girl. I just wanted to say- congratulations! I enjoyed your post.

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your baby! it's exciting no matter what number you are on! And when my water broke with all 3 of mine it was like a dam broke and let the flood loose. i totally understand.

Stacey said...

Wow...congrats on the baby! And I'm right there with you on the fluid leakage...not the most attractive part of labor!