i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, November 10, 2008

not me monday...the wedding version...

...it seems i've been able to have a 'theme' for my not me's lately...kind of fun that way. anywho. my sister's wedding was this past saturday...and here are things i absolutely did not do while planning for and during the wedding...

it's not me who, for the last several weeks, have been putting chapstick on so i don't get cold sores or chapped lips for the wedding, because it for sure mattered what I looked like in pictures...

it wasn't me who so didn't fit into my dress last monday, and it wasn't my dress that needed to be way way let out so i might fit into it by wednesday...and on wednesday i was not relieved that the dress fit...even if i felt a little chubby

it wasn't me who debated the pros and cons about being nine months pregnant or two weeks post partum in a bridesmaid dress...because i couldn't change it anyways

it wasn't me breastfeeding dustin in my pedicure chair while getting pedicures...oh wait it was...and it hu hot too...i don't care where i feed him!...but it wasn't me who felt happy when a lady commented to me at hu hot how she was proud of me for breastfeeding my son in public. i didn't say...but the fourth kid i don't care where i have to feed...

and at hu hot...i didn't get a piece of cheesecake...and i sure didn't eat the entire huge piece of it either, because i wasn't full from the buffet

at rehearsal it wasn't me who realized i had forgotten wrapping stuff for the gift and had to go back to walmart after ten, when possibly creepy people could be wandering around...

at rehearsal dinner it wasn't me who had two turkey sandwiches even though i was full after one, just because the turkey was so yummy...i have self control...

saturday morning i didn't stress when my aunt who picked me up didn't call and just showed up so we weren't quite ready to go yet

saturday after my mom got dustin dressed in his little suit i so didn't almost tear up because he looked so darn handsome

while getting ready i so didn't have to put some spanx on under my dress to help me feel a bit less chubby

i didn't call shaun like five times to bring stuff that i forgot to bring...because i always remember everything

at the church i didn't stress just a little when my husband didn't show up until ten to one...i didn't giggle when he said "it took me longer than i thought to get them dressed" lol...i did giggle

before the ceremony started and a guy walked in late i didn't say...that's the real groom...and we didn't sit and hold back laughter either...because the priest wasn't walking down the aisle already

when amelya walked down the aisle all by herself and drop petals all by herself i so didn't almost break down and bawl because she was so beautiful

during the ceremony i wasn't giggling and talking with my fellow bridesmaids...while sitting in the pew...nope we were quiet...

when the priest said "happy wife?" it wasn't me who answered "happy life" and be like the only one who answered...

after the ceremony i didn't almost beg the photographer to take our group picture next because dustin needed to eat...

i didn't uncomfortably 'roll' the front of my dress down to nurse him in the back pew of the church...i didn't feel a bit weird being half naked in church...

after church we didn't run through mcdonald's so i could get a large coke and french fries...i didn't almost eat the entire large fry by myself either

at the reception i didn't just watch my little girls boogie on down and stand in awe at god and how blessed i am to be given such beautiful gifts

during supper i didn't get irritated when people were being rude and talking during my speech, then when someone said they couldn't hear and everyone got quiet i didn't say maybe it was you who was loud and that's why you couldn't hear me...i didn't start my speech over again either...

at the reception i didn't get so happy when my super great cousin took a picture of me and shaun dancing with my camera (thanks ashley)

at the reception i so didn't bust a gut laughing at breigh dance...

before the wedding was over i didn't laugh at amelya for falling alseep while standing by a chair

wow! there was a lot this time. i've uploaded pics to facebook. but i'll share the link here. i'm also linking to a few other albums from facebook from my cousin. enjoy enjoy enjoy!! i've gone on long enough on the not me's so that's all i'll do for now. ;O)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41975&l=cb31a&id=508028986

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2101438&l=a32a5&id=185005991

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2101435&l=dc4eb&id=185005991

8 loving words from you.:

Jessi Dawn said...

Amanda,

Yeah, you made me laugh. Thanks for posting. Way to go breastfeeding everywhere! I am so totaly with ya! Breastfeeding is sooo the way to go.

blessings,
Jess

LucieP said...

girl! I am freaking cracking up over here!!!!!!!

U are too funny!

BTW-Ur place has cheesecake!?

Kameron said...

I'm super proud of you for even getting into a bridesmaid dress after just having a baby!!!

Elyse said...

Found you through MckMama and click on another NOT ME MONDAY. I am loving your stories and sayings :)
~Elyse~

zanesmommy said...

Love the fact you were breast feeding while getting a pedi! LOVE IT! The whole walmart thing totally relate!

Liz said...

Too funny...I am impressed that you got into a bridesmaid dress 2 weeks postpartum! Awesome! Great Not Me's

Rachel said...

Super funny not me's! I love the idea of a theme...I'll have to try that sometime. My daughter never would take a bottle so I have learned to breastfeed all over the place too. I've had women come up to me before and say "good for your for breastfeeding in public" but I have never quite found the perfect response. Whatever I say always sounds awkward. Thanks for sharing your not-me's and reading mine too. :)

Anonymous said...

hey-not sure if caitlyn's procedure was today or not. i know u were trying the meds. anyway, praying all went well.
tae