i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, April 03, 2009

das not funny friday!!



make sure to click on over to jessica's blog and check out other 'das not funny' things...

this week amelya takes the cake. :0)

amelya asked me for a snack. i told her she should pick up the playroom really fast and then she could have one...

her response : but mom, i only clean slow. ((she's got that right. :0) ))

amelya is very open with going poo, which is a good thing, i have a shy colon and don't go just any place. so last week at her great great grandma's birthday party she had to go, see me i would've held it...any ways...

she finishes and says : mom, i get tears in my eyes when i go. ((i held a straight face and replied yep honey, that's okay.))

and in honor of my great grandma's birthday this week, she turned 88, i'll share something funny i heard her say to me. :0) we were sitting on the couch together. she looks at my dad, then turns to me and says, rory's putting on a bit of weight! ((lol. i totally was shocked i just kind of shrugged my shoulders.)) then she said, but he looks good. ((lol. she is the funniest lady ever.))

when we all took pictures of us with her she said, look at what i started! ((i love her.))

so 'das not funny' here. :0)

tonight shaun is planning a date night. he has a baby sitter all planned and everything. i was originally thinking of just a date, pick up the kids after. his repsonse...i was thinking we'd have an 'all nighter'. ummmm. okay. so shaun's mom is watching the kiddos. and we're having a date night....he doesn't have to 'work' tomorrow, but is helping his uncle cut down some trees, so i'd call that work. i have no idea what we're doing for our date either. hmmm. maybe try somewhere new to go? we'll see. whatever we do, i'm so blessed that my hubby finds it important to plan a date all by ourselves. we're leaving around sixish. so i'll miss dustin's bedtime and first feeding. so i'll only have to pump twice. no biggie. and it's nice to be alone and not have to worry about dustin. i'm truly excited. i'll have to get all 'prettied' up while the kiddos take naps.

so okay. that's enough from me. have a great weekend and fun friday!!

15 loving words from you.:

Ashley said...

thats so sweet that shaun has planned a date night for just the two of you! i hope you have a fantastic time!!! :)

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful hubby! Have a great date night!

-stephanie- said...

I'm a "holder" like you. My girls can go anywhere too. Amelya's funny with her cleaning slow comment.

Have fun on your date.

Shawn said...

" I have a shy colon"...that's funny!

heidi said...

How awesome that Shaun planned an all-night date night! I can't wait to hear where you guys go!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Okay, the shy colon remark and the "tears in my eyes" made ME have tears in my eyes.

Oh my gracious. So hilarious.

Have a FUN, FUN date night! Whooo hooo!

He & Me + 3 said...

Tell Amelya that my kids clean slow too. She is so cute!
That is so great about the date night. Enjoy you lucky duck!

Liz said...

have fun on your date night...i LOVE your header... so cute...
you asked on my blog if I was nervous about number 5....I'm not sure if i'm nervous yet....i'm still in denial :) it's was such a shock that it hasn't quite sunk in yet...although i'm almost 17 weeks so i guess it should soon! i'm not really nervous though...4 was pretty easy for me, so i figure what can one more do to me.....don't answer that :)

Kelli said...

I'm soo glad the 2 of you go on dates! I miss them very very much! I just don't really trust anyone watching him so we never go out without him! Have a great night!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Have fun! I bet you'll have a great date!
And don't you love the stuff the elderly come up with? They have long since dropped the pretenses!

Julie said...

Have a great date night!!

Sneaky Momma said...

I hope that you had a wonderful evening! :)

The Mama said...

Hope your date night was fun!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a blast with your husband :)

.. and I have a question, is your daughter potty-trained by now?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you potty train her? I tried everything in the book and my son still rejects the potty training. He is perfectly content with going poo in his pull-up and he's THREE, I need to take a break LOL

Stonefox said...

Popped over to check out the hair photos. Too cute! Isn't it fun, especially when you include your kids?! :)