i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

a call from the doctor.

well. today i got a call from my dr.

i listened to the voicemail and was very nervous to call back. reason being was that she really didn't say much of anything. when i got my biopsy news on voicemail back in january they said the good news. so i kind of figured that it may not be 'good' news.

i just got off the phone with her, and just need to spill it all out in writing.

turns out first of all...our baby that is in heaven was a boy. i have another son. she said she felt like it was a bummer because she knew it was what we were 'hoping' for. but it's SO cool to know. i have no idea what our other babies were. i thought the first one was a boy and the one in may was a girl. but i don't know for sure. it's so cool to think that i have a son waiting for me for sure. and that dustin in fact does have a little brother. a brother. another boy. a son. for some reason i can't stop smiling at knowing that.

so. he had quite a few things 'wrong' with his little choromosomes. she told me about three different things that were screwed up with them. one of the 'major' things that was wrong was his chromosome number 22. his. him. isn't it fun to 'know'. :0)

so now that means she wants us to get our chromosomes tested. to see if one of us has a screwy chromosome or if it was all just 'random'. our insurance has to authorize it first. so after that is done, then shaun and i have to get our blood taken and wait some more. if something comes back 'not okay' from us...then we can meet with a genetic counselor and see what they have to say. basically they'll tell you your percentage of miscarriage and the percentage of having a baby born with abnormalities. so we'll see.

and wait.

i tell you. it's the waiting part that stinks. i just want to know. and move one. but in the wait i know god has a lot in store for me. and shaun. and our family.

god is good. and he has a plan. and 'if' something is wrong with me or shaun's chromosomes i just praise him for his perfect faithfulness. and for the four kiddos i have on earth. and the three in heaven.

my mind and heart are a bunch of emotions right now. i don't know if any of this even comes off clearly. but i feel better getting it out. :0)

ps. i have another son!?! :0)

pps. and there's a giveaway in the post below this one if you're interested.

17 loving words from you.:

E @ Scottsville said...

Wow... another BOY. I think its great that you got to find that out. Yay! Something to rejoice in, no matter how big or small it may be. That's awesome.

Yes, no matter what you find out, thank and Praise God for the four living miracles that you get to keep here on earth and the three awaiting you when you get to Heaven.

Praying for you!

The Beaver Bunch said...

You've been on my mind so much lately. I think you should swing down to NC when you go to CT.

Who cares about the extra 8+ hours?

We've got a super big basement with LOTS of room!

Praying for you my friend. Praying.

Jennifer W. said...

Wow. How wonderful that you know you have another son!! I am glad you have some measure of happiness in such a trying situation. You are on my heart and I pray for you daily. I hope things turn out fine! And you know that Heaven is going to be extra special when you get there.
Jen

Stephanie said...

Aww...won't it be a wonderful reunion when you meet all your angel babies in heaven one day? So glad you were able to hear some happy news in the middle of this sadness. Continuing to pray for you...

He & Me + 3 said...

How cool to know. I wish I had known the sex of my baby that I lost. I hope that the insurance approves it for you.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Another boy! That is good to hear. I'll be praying that the tests come out normal.

Kelli W said...

I'm glad you got to find out that it was a little boy! How fun that Dustin has a little brother! I hope all your testing goes well and that the waiting isn't too bad...waiting on news like that is so hard!

Anonymous said...

We lost a little girl half way through the pregnancy. We didn'tknow until the testing came back, which they did. We had a Trisomy 16 baby. We found out then we had our little girl. She's in heaven. She's going to be quite grown up when we get there, but she's being raised by the best. When my grandmother who raised me went to heaven a few years ago, I just cried, because I knew my little girl met her, held her hand, and walked with her. Those two lucky ducks! I'll be praying for you in your journey!

Congratulations on your son! We called our little girl, Gracie. Have you found a name to call him?

Anonymous said...

We lost a little girl half way through the pregnancy. We didn'tknow until the testing came back, which they did. We had a Trisomy 16 baby. We found out then we had our little girl. She's in heaven. She's going to be quite grown up when we get there, but she's being raised by the best. When my grandmother who raised me went to heaven a few years ago, I just cried, because I knew my little girl met her, held her hand, and walked with her. Those two lucky ducks! I'll be praying for you in your journey!

Congratulations on your son! We called our little girl, Gracie. Have you found a name to call him?

Veronica said...

Gosh Amanda...that is so awesome that they were able to tell you that your little one was a boy. What a blessing to know that. I will pray that everything goes well with your testing! Love you!

Jen said...

Gosh, amanda, what a bunch of emotions you must be feeling. But you're right, God IS good and He does have a plan!

Praying for you!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Another little boy! You guys are going to have one big party in heaven some day. :)

The whole genetics thing has always fascinated me. I'm sure you're ready to get on with it to know already.

Josie said...

SO sorry for your loss, but isnt it great to know that you will get to raise him one day in Heaven? People that don't believe that must really have it hard. That is so neat you have a son up there waiting! Thanks for following me!

-stephanie- said...

How wonderful to celebrate another son. It blows me away thinking that we too have a son and 2 others waiting for us in heaven. What a happy time that will be.
Hope all your testing goes well.

Unknown said...

How sweet to know that you have another son. Prayers that the results from the testing are fine and FAST!

C.C. and Double T said...

This might sound strange, but Congratulations! on your son. :-)

Still praying for you as you continue on this journey...

Kaci said...

Wow that's great you have a blessed little boy waiting for you in heaven. I pray the blood test gives you hope and peace all in one. :)

XOXO