i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Aryssa Mae

my niece is here!!

she decided to come on her own without having me or my mom there to welcome her. i should've called when dustin was awake at one thirty this morning and we would've made it. amy and grant waited too long to call...because a half hour after they called aryssa was born. at 3:15!! she weighed 5 lbs 4 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. her apgar scores were great 8 and 9. she is spending some time in the nicu. and could be there for a week to six weeks depending on how she does with everything. so far she's doing just great. here's a picture of my niece. it feels weird to say that!




thanks everyone for your prayers and everything through the past few days. even though aryssa decided to follow 'her' own plans and not the 'doctors' amy and grant couldn't be happier to have their little girl. and really who am i kidding...it's GOD'S plan! looks like he had a good one...you know..again. :0)

and if you're interested in a few more pics here's a link to my facebook album.

21 loving words from you.:

Kelli W said...

Congrats on being an AUNT! She is too cute, and it sounds like she is doing really good! I hope she doesn't have to stay in the NICU long!

Margaret said...

Congrats!!!!! Babies always seem to have their own schedule that they follow!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful kiss straight from Heaven! God blessed you all!

With love and hope,
Cheryl

Jen said...

She's just beautiful! And there's nothing better for spoiling, you know. ;)

Congratulations again!

Judson Family said...

Beautiful Niece you have there.. ...Congrats on being an aunt! congrats to the new little family..

Sarah said...

And your post, answering the nicely put comment about 'why more' made me think too about how rich a nation we are, and yet the richer we grow (money wise) the poorer we seem to grow (people wise).

It's a statistical fact that the wealthier a nation becomes, the fewer children per couple are produced.

It would seem the wealthier one grows, the more children one has (because one is better able to afford them), but the exact opposite seems to be true.

Sadness.

'm glad to find a fellow mother and father carrying one, following their hearts in desiring more children.

At one point in life I would have said "two is enough!," but now I'm at the point of "as many as God will give!" And if he gives only to take them to himself before they are known to us, as so far has happened, He is still good.

Just doing my part to help Social Security stay solvent. *grin*

I am enjoying your blog, as you can tell by the ridiculously long comment.

Sarah said...

Just insert "I'm" and "on" instead of "one" up there. I suppose I need to actually read the comment through again before I post.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Welcome to the world, Aryssa! God bless you!

That is a great weight! Nev was 4 pounds 5 oz when she came home with me (no NICU needed, praise God)

Stephanie said...

She's absolutely adorable! Proud Aunt!!!!!

Megan said...

Congrats, Auntie! So glad to hear the good news, I hope she's home with her parents soon!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, Congratulations! I am glad all is going well.

-stephanie- said...

Awww, she looks perfect! Congrats to you Auntie.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful little girl! Blessings to Amy & Grant - SO glad to hear all went well. Are they keeping her in the NICU just as a precaution?

Jennifer W. said...

Oh, sweet!! Congrats, Amy and Grant...and Aunt Amanda too!! :)
Jen

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS AUNTIE!

She's a beauty! Prayers that she comes home soon!

christy rose said...

Congrats on being an aunt Amanda!

Julia Ladewski said...

congrats Auntie!! :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

she is perfect! congrats on this new addition to your (extended) family!

The Little Miss said...

ohy my gosh she is beautiful!!!!! Congrats auntie!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Quoizel deluxe collection said...

She is a cutie.

Jessi said...

She's beautiful! Prayers for growth and health and that she can go home soon. Hope all is well!
Blessings.