i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

11 years.

this is us, about 11 years ago. ((and i know i've shared this picture a thousand and three times, but i didn't feel like finding another one to scan in, when i already had this one!))

today marks 11 years together. crazy.

11 years ago i would've never imagined how a simple 'yes' would've turned into this.

even though we still 'argue' about where you asked me. was it by the library or the house on the corner? it doesn't matter. because you asked me.

you said, so do you want to go out with me?

me being told earlier in the day if we did something you were going to ask me out, had been thinking all night...WHEN?! is he going to do it? and what will i say. yes. sure. yeah. of course.
i had been preparing the answer all night.

it took you til 1:00 AM may 22nd to ask. ((by the house on the corner))

and i said yes.

you said...really?

i smiled and said yes.

then we were at my house. and i don't think my feet hit the ground on the way to the door. or to my bed.

i fell asleep with a smile on my face.

and 11 years since becoming your girlfriend.
(and 6 1/2 sicne becoming your wife)

i still fall asleep with a smile on my face.

you've made me the happiest girl in the world.

you're the first boy i ever truly placed 100% of my trust in.
you're the first boy who told me, you loved me. and i believed it.
you're the first boy who showed me how much you cared about me, and meant it.
you're the first boy i let see my 'other side'. and you stayed.
you're the first boy who left me silly notes on my car and roses on my bed. 
you're the first boy that stole my heart, and kept it.

i love you shaun.

today. tomorrow. and always.

18 loving words from you.:

carissa said...

so absolutely sweet!!! happy 11 years! you are a beautiful couple and have a beautiful family! the Lord has blessed you!

Jessi said...

So sweet!! We've been together since we were 11 so it's been 12 years for us now (Married a little over 3 years) so I LOVE hearing stories similar to ours.

Happy 11 years!!!! ADORABLE picture!

-stephanie- said...

Awww, happy 11 years since dating anniversary. Have a good day.

Kelli W said...

What a sweet post! I love that picture of you and Shaun...it makes me want to go find an old picture of me and Jason from high school:)

Heather Fox said...

This is adorable!! Happy 11 years! how exciting!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I love that picture. :) You guys look so cute. :) Happy Anniversary!!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a sweet post about a sweet couple!!

Holly said...

Happy 11 years together!!! :) May each day get better and better!

He & Me + 3 said...

Awww Amanda...That is so sweet. You two are adorable..Then and Now!

More Than Words said...

Aww!! So sweet!!!! You guys are such an adorable couple!!!!!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Happy 11 years anniversary. Time has a way of speeding up....

Love the picture. You guys look so sweet.

Rachel

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Hip Hop Happy Anniversary!!

Susan Payton said...

Now that is a wonderful story. Happy eleven years. I wish for everyone they had that great story. Of course that is not true, so please treasure that blessing.
Thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

~*Michelle*~ said...

Happy Anniversary you crazy "kids"!

xox
*~Michelle~*

Ruth said...

Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Awwww...this is SO sweet Amanda! Happy dating anniversary ;)

cait said...

how sweet!! It's so amazing how God orchestrates our life. What a blessing it is to find someone that makes you the "happiest girl in the world"! :)

Have a great week!

Jonna said...

I haven't been able to read up on the blogs I follow till today and I just have to laugh. My hubby and I celebrated 11 years on Sunday!!

Happy anniversary!