i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, July 05, 2010

baby week.

it's baby week.

already.

crazy.

so i'm spending today and tomorrow finalizing things around the house. and then...it's wednesday. baby day. i'll be busy finalizing things in labor and delivery for this pregnancy. ;)

i can't believe how fast it's come. yet it seem so far away.

i've thought a few times over the weekend that i was having some consistent contractions we weren't making it til wednesday. thankfully they went away. i told shaun how it's so silly because i'm super stoked to meet our baby girl...but really want our doctor. so i can wait a few days!!

i've dug out all my newborn diapers. i am going to fill her dresser today. and then...just wait for her to fill them.

i've got to clean up the kitchen a bit. and finish up laundry between today and tomorrow. that way when we come home on friday it'll be a nice home to come home to, and i won't feel the need to do anything but enjoy our family of five kiddos!!

i'm the one who also stays at the hospital for the full 48 hours. if they allowed more...i'd be there more. i seriously like not having to worry about cooking, cleaning, etc for a few days. but i also love being able to come home and enjoy our new baby. while at the hospital the baby stays with us pretty much the entire time. but i will say that usually one of the nights they'll take the baby for the picture (that we never buy, but i love having the proofs) and they'll keep her til her next feeding. i don't mind. and really does it matter? nope. it doesn't.

as a parent we get to make a whole bunch of choices. and they're ours to make. i just wish everyone understood that. being a parent is worse than being in high school sometimes. you get judged for the goofiest things. being a mom is still being part of the 'clique'...that irritates me to no end sometimes. i survived high school without putting myself into one 'group' of people. i was friends with a ton of different people. and it didn't matter to me. i had my two close friends and that was all i needed. and then i had a whole bunch of other friends that i talked to. i find myself the same type of 'mom'. i have a few close mom friends, and then i'm friends with a whole range of other mom friends. i like it that way. i love hanging out with all different 'types' of parents. especially when neither of us put so much weight on the choices we're making about raising our families. it's great. i don't need a soapbox to stand on to promote my 'views' because quite frankly, i don't care if you agree with them or not. they're my views and i'm standing on them, but not going to push them on you. and i hope that you don't do the same to me.

anyways...it sort of seemed like i'm trying to stand on a soapbox...so i'll quit before it becomes that way. my point is. as long as yours and mine are fed, loved, housed, and well taken care of...does it really matter what sort of milk they're getting (formula or breast or whole or soy or whatever) does it matter what is on their butts (disposable or cloth) does it matter if they have the bestest toys or just a few? nope it doesn't. not one single bit. so my challenge is to not judge. to not 'care' what the other parents around you are doing (of course as long as they're kids are safe etc) and to just worry about your own kids. and loving on them. because it goes by way too fast!

so i'm off to get ready for the day. my girls slept til almost 10. crazy. dustin slept til almost 9. which means so did i. sounds like a perfect start to baby week!!!

and i'm not so sure i'll get on the computer tomorrow. so be sure to stay tuned wednesday for baby updates!! feel free to add me as a friend on facebook if you aren't already...because i'm thinking i'll be updating that first because it's the easiest and i don't have a laptop. :)

17 loving words from you.:

Kelli W said...

Yay! I can't believe baby E will be here on Wednesday! I know you are so excited to see her. Good luck with all your cleaning and getting ready. I will be watching facebook for an update on Wednesday for sure:)

Ashley said...

loved the part about not judging as a parent and how you compared it to being in high school. it's so true though! i try hard not to judge other parents because i know that i don't want to be judged. i think out of all of the things we are judged on in life, parenting is the one that i personally feel hurts almost the most. anyways, don't know if you've started to edit some pictures or not, but i'm having lots of fun doing so! i'll be scouring facebook all day wednesday waiting for an update! hehe, jk! hope your labor is short and easy! and enjoy these last two days! :)

The Mama said...

If we don't "hear" from you until Wed, I want to be sure and get my "congrats" and "good lucks" in on time. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and baby E. I'm excited to see pictures. BTW, I'm also the mom that has to be kicked out of the hospital. It's quite a nice vacation. I truly enjoy soaking up pure baby bonding time. I get it! Enjoy :)

Kristin said...

I totally agree with you on the not judging thing! Every mom has to do what's best for her family and her children and I hate it when other moms think their way is the only way.

Hope your delivery goes well!

April said...

OH Goodness! I will thinking about you and praying for a routine delivery for you :) You must be so excited and ready to go in (despite any apprehensive feelings of the inevitable labor itself). Congrats a head of time! You have been through alot to get to this point :)

Thanks for the referral to see Jamie. I am not at the point yet where I may see someone - but if it continues to get worse, I will definitely look into this woman downtown. Thank you!

Heather Fox said...

SO I added you on Facebook!! I cannot wait for Baby E!! You must just be so excited! I hope you get lots of rest!!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh is it that time already? Woo hooo. I am so excited to see her little face. I'm not really on face book ever...but will wait for your post here. Hope all goes well getting ready.
Saying a prayer for a fast and safe delivery.

-stephanie- said...

This went waaay fast Amanda. I'm so excited for your family! Can't wait to meet Miss "E". I'll keep you in prayer. Enjoy it all!

Kristin said...

I left a comment earlier, but for some reason, it didn't show up. :-( I just wanted to say how extremely excited I am for you! And what wonderful words you have shared. I've told people before that I feel very passionately about choices I've made for my family, but all that matters in the end is whether they love Jesus!

Stephanie said...

You're right; sometimes being a mom IS like high school, but I'm learning more and more that it only matters what my heavenly father thinks of me. I need to measure myself up to Him, not to other people. I was remembering your post about people pleasing this past week as God has been really working on my heart about pleasing Him, not trying to look good in front of everyone else.

I am SO excited for you to meet baby E and to meet her too when you are all up to a visit. And there's NOTHING wrong with staying the whole 48 hours in the hospital (sometimes I wish I had had that with both of mine!). Enjoy the time to soak up your sweet baby E. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and thinking of you all day Wednesday!

Veronica said...

So totally excited for you Amanda! Seems like just yesterday I was doin the same thing as you and look, my Livvie's going to be three months already! How does that happen? :)

I'll be thinking about you and praying for a safe and wonderful delivery. The Lord gave me an amazing one this last time and I'll be praying for the same for you my friend!

Love you,
Ver

Sarah MP said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you in the morning, then of myself in the afternoon : )

Sarah

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that soapbox!!!! Preach it sista!

Can't wait until tomorrow :)

Jessica said...

Before I get on with the congratulations and shrieks of excitement for you and your family, I must say this: AMEN and THANK YOU for being so honest about the judging of other mothers. It's horrible...enough to make you second guess even the most basic of motherly intuition...and we all need to cut it out.

And now.....I'm so excited for you! My little sister just had her baby girl yesterday, and when I found out you were pregnant, I remember thinking that you two would have the babies really close...so I've been tracking her pregnancy a lot through yours....and now SHE has her baby! I know you're thrilled to be able to meet this little angel, and we're all excited for your family. I'll pray for you on Wednesday! (TOMORROW!)

More Than Words said...

Wow!!! The time is near, my friend!!!!!!!! So excited for you all!!!!!!!!!

Holly said...

So excited for Evaleigh to make her appearance!! :) I like staying in the hospital the full 48 too. I so agree about what you were talking about as parents. It really doesn't matter as long as our kids are taken care of and happy!

Hoping Wed goes smoothly for you. Praying everything goes well!

Alicia W said...

Great post! I hate all the "mommie guilt" we inadvertently give people when we put our ideals on others. I'm trying to be like you. Are they happy and safe? Then is doesn't matter all the other things. No haters! And best of luck! :)