i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

just perfect...

of course i'm biased. but i think she's just perfect...
her ten toes...

five fingers on each hand...

and that pefect little face...

and i'm in disbelief she's TWO weeks old already!! it's crazy. evaleigh had her two week check yesterday. she was 9lbs 3ozs and 21 3/4 inches long. she's gained back 13ozs in the 10 days since she's been seen last. they want it to be at least an oz a day...so she's right on track. which also means nursing is going well. sometimes i get worried about if 'they're getting what they need'. the weight gain clearly shows she IS!

i have to say...she's been the most perfect newborn. she has gotten up between 3-4 every night to eat. and that's IT! last week one night she slept til 6!! so i've been getting a TON of sleep. which is so very helpful to me during the day when i need to function and take care of five kiddos. and taking care of five...has been...so far...no different than four. only thing that has changed is every 2-4 hours i have to stop and feed evaleigh. she eats somewhere between 2-4 hours during the day. usually 2 1/2. which is fine. especially when she sleeps so well at night! she's my biggest spitter though. all the kids have progressively gotten worse at spitting up. but it's manageable. and nothing TOO serious.

anyways. last week i pretty much stayed at home all week. that was nice. but by the weekend i was going a little stir-crazy. so we took the kids to a park on saturday night. only for a bit because shaun got called into work. he had an AWFUL week at work last week. he normally doesn't get called in during the week much at all. last week he was called in twice. once at 2AM and the other time at 8PM. not the best times in the world, but oh well. i guess. the stinky part is that he doesn't get paid 'more' for being called in. he just gets called in and that's that. because it was his weekend to work he also is on call the entire weekend. normally he gets called in maybe once. this weekend he was called in both days. so he had a long weekend too. and was feeling really drained by sunday night. only to start all over again this week. we are both looking forward to his weekend off this week!! i'm so thankful for him and how hard he works to support our family. and thankful he has a job. i remind him that he truly works for God and no one else. that helps BOTH of us keep it in perspective. :0)

the rest of the kiddos are adjusting great to the baby. dustin points to her all the time and says "BABY!!" all excited. caitlyn likes to make sure everything is just 'right' for her. blanket. nuk. etc. amelya and breigh need to be reminded to PLAY because they want to hold her. it's so much fun!! i love it. it's hard to remember what it was like without her around. :)

as for me. my back is still hurting. i've been going to the chiropractor and she said my lower back/tailbone/sacrum is all very tender yet. so hopefully that heals up soon. some days are worse than others. but it'll get better eventually. my carpal tunnel is also getting better. my hands still fall asleep at night, but the pain is at a minimum. and i'm thankful for that. hopefully within a few weeks that will be gone as well. i stepped on the scale the other day. i was 182. i was 210 at delivery. so i think 28 pounds down in 2 weeks is pretty decent. i started out at 177 before getting pregnant. so technically only five pounds and i'll be down to 'pre-pregnancy'. we just won't talk about how i want to lose 35-40 more after that. :0) plus i'm not starting anything til after six weeks. i want to heal and seriously...it's not that big of a deal to me. shaun and i plan on doing the wii fit together...and i am trying to talk him into doing the 30 day shred with me. i started it before i got pregnant last year...and it worked well for me in the two weeks i did it. we'll see what happens!!

so yeah, that's what's going on here. it's taken me mulitiple times at the computer to post this. so i'm going to quit now. i'll try and hop by your blogs later!!

23 loving words from you.:

heather Heus said...

This is a really nice way to share and keep everyone in the loop with what is going on with your family! I admire you for your patience and you are obviously a great mom! Where does Shaun work? Just like you said, it is a blessing that he has a job right now. Take care and thank you for sharing! Heather Heus louielud@hotmail.com or FB :)

Ruth said...

She is gorgeous!! Those photos are incredible. It is amazing how the time flies, I can't believe Ms. Lauren will be 7 months next week. I just wish they would all slow down. Thank you for keeping us updated!!

The Mama said...

Gorgeous pics of a gorgeous little girl! You must be one proud mama to have such a cute brood :) Thanks for your comment! I am feeling very blessed that the news I received one year ago was FALSE! This baby will be the icing on the cake. I'm thankful that you are always one step ahead of me in the baby business. Keeps me thinking of what my life will soon be like. Way to go on your weight loss. It's always scary (for me) to worry about getting all that weight off. It does seem to naturally fall off, but those last 5 or 10 pounds (from each pregnancy, it seems) tend to hang on. I was doing well prior to this pregnancy with working out and eating my normal diet. I'd loss about 15-18 pounds, but now I have no energy to walk on some days. And as far as food goes--if I feel like eating it's random stuff--nothing consisting of veggies. Mostly just carbs! Oh well!

Good job with Miss E's feedings! She's seems to be growing just right :) Congrats!

RLClover said...

:) Glad to see things are going well. Has the baby F questioning started yet? (it's Rebecca)

Heather Fox said...

Now, I have baby fever! HAHA She is soooo precious! I wish I had lost weight that fast! Go you! I wish I had the guts to do P90X, but I do not want to look crazy either. Eh, maybe somewhere down the line. I have heard good things about the shred, and the wii fit was good for me for the first 30 pounds, but then I plateaud (sp). You will do great though!

Holly said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait until Lainey is here!! Seeing the pics of her hands and her feet remind me of Carleigh's pictures and how precious she is. So sweet!

I'm glad that you are getting sleep! That is so great for you!!

Amanda said...

She is so precious! I love the photos! Oh, and to make you feel even better, you've lost 28 pounds, not 18. :) That's a lot! I wish all weight loss could happen that easily! Glad to hear things are going well with you & the 5 kids. :)

Kristin said...

So excited to see this long update, although I've kept up with you on Facebook, too. We had a rough week last week, too, with my husband working lots of unpaid overtime. But I was reminded by a friend how thankful I should be that he has a job at all and that is more than willing to put in the time to support our family. It is wonderful to have such great men, isn't it? :-)

Jennifer W. said...

Oh, Amanda, she's so beautiful!! I love the pics. It's wonderful that she's such a good sleeper...I've never been very lucky in that area...all mine wanted their meals around the clock! LOL. And I know what you mean about the overtime...we just keep saying we are thankful he has a good job-God is providing. And I just wanted to let you know, we're expecting baby #6 next March! We're so very excited! :)

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Just soak in these teeny baby days. You are blessed!

He & Me + 3 said...

She is perfect. sounds like everything is going great too with the family. Good for you and the weight loss. Keep it up.

-stephanie- said...

Such a teeny tiny sweetie. Thanks for the update and pictures.

Kristin said...

She is so precious! It sounds like everyone is adjusting so well! Glad to hear you're doing good!

carissa said...

she is truly a beauty! what a sweet sweet blessing! i hope your back gets better soon... you need to feel good to take care of your precious kiddos!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh.....SHE IS A DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

She is perfect - you are SO right!!!!!!

I know how the on call things goes - I hate it!!!!!!!!

Beccalynn said...

Wow! I've really missed a lot! I hadn't realized she'd been born yet. Congratulations! She's beautiful!!!

Kelli W said...

She is too adorable! I love those chubby little cheeks:) I completly understand the work stuff. Jason always gets called to work at the worst possible time too...and he doesn't get paid for overtime either!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I came over from Holly's blog. She talked about your sweet little blessing from God. Congratulations.
She is beautiful, enjoy!

Benjamin & Jessi said...

She is just TOO, TOO cute!! Glad you're feeling well and things are going smooth. Hope y'all enjoy a work-free weekend!

~Jessi

McCrakensx4 said...

Congrats again...she is beautiful. Your family is so blessed!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Just precious! Congrats! I am so happy for you! :-)

Claire said...

Oh, those little fingers! She's just precious!

Cxx