here are some small 'blobs' of life going on lately.
* tonight shaun and i are going on a date to the third day, toby mac, and michael w. smith concert, part of the 'make a difference tour' i'm super excited!!
* there was a mouse in my house yesterday. blech. i pray he's gone. or that he finds one of the numerous traps we have set for him...and all his friends...if he has any.
* i've finally conquered my mountain of laundry. it was a huge success. :)
* it's freezing and windy in wisconsin. i can't wait til spring.
* dustin has his birthday party this weekend. and i'm excited for that.
* we're giving shaun his christmas/birthday present this weekend at dustin's birthday party. i am STOKED. and glad i don't have to keep it a secret much longer. i can not wait to see his reaction and pray he sees it as the blessing i'm hoping it will be. ((i haven't shared it on here either! but i will soon. ;) ))
* we do have it figured out. ((my kids)) and we like it. i had someone ask me at the mall last week if we figured it out yet. i said what? and he asked again and then pointed at my kids. so i said, yes, and we like it very much. thanks. and turned away. it was the first time i've been asked that! insane. i don't know what people think when they ask that. the guy and his wife thought they were pretty funny. until i answered so nonchalantly. they sort of looked at me goofy and walked away. :) i still don't see the humor. but oh well.
* i learned at church the other week i don't have to have it all together. as long as i have Jesus. *whew* now only if i can REMEMBER that.
* i also was reminded that we will be not liked by people in the 'world' for our beliefs. and that it's okay. now to not care about what the 'world' thinks of me.
* we don't 'do' halloween. so it's interesting when the people at mcd's ask me a few times if i'm sure i don't want the trick or treat pail. after i say i do NOT want the pail. i think they're just making sure i know that the pail is the toy. and we won't get a toy. ((and i'm quite fine with that, because generally the toys get lost, forgotten or given to goodwill anyways))
* i'm going to california in january!! and am super excited. i'm going with another blogging friend. to meet another blogging friend. bring on the palm trees and beach. :)
* it's sort of fun doing random 'blob' posts.
* i got my haircut last week. i LOVE it. it's the first time in a long time i've loved my hair. i got it colored too. which was looooooooooooong overdue! this is a picture of it...right after i left the salon. so i can't quite style it the same...but i still love it!
* i'm done now. because if you know me any bit at all, i must make myself stop before i go on forever. :)