i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

pretty much wordless wednesday...

we put up our Christmas tree last night. the three big girls decorated it. with loads of love and excitement. and the top 1/4 doesn't have a single ornament on it. and i love it. i've learned as a mom to enjoy the moment and not care so much about those small little things that truly DO NOT matter. the ornaments loading the bottom of the tree make it all the more special to me and our family.

11 loving words from you.:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Absolutely precious!!!!!

Blessings to you my friend!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

That is the best tree I've seen! Perfect!

Stephanie said...

I hope I can learn to be that flexible. I'm so picky about where things go, although, I'm learning to let things go sometimes. I love that your kids were part of the process though - that's something I always treasured at Christmas time with my family and hope to pass it on to my kids (when they're old enough to actually help. ;)

Kelli W said...

Your kiddos are getting so big! Our tree looks like that right now too, but I am going to go back and add some ornaments on the top too....I'm a little too OCD to leave it:)

Veronica said...

How fun! I don't think I could ever be as fun of a mom as you are! I am way too anal but at least I did let Alyssa help me arrange the ornaments this year!

Jen said...

Very cute! And that's what they'll remember; that you let them decorate it their way.

Julie said...

What a cute picture! The kids are getting so big! I totally agree with you....I let my boys decorate the tree however they want. That's what makes it special!

Kristin said...

LOVE it!!! Look at Miss Evaleigh! She's supposed to still be a teeny tiny baby....what happened?!! :D

Toyin O. said...

Love the tree; adorable picture.

heidi said...

Cute! You have such adorable kids, Amanda! and I can't believe how big your baby is already! Didn't we JUST give birth?? LOL Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

I need to take a lesson from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids love to decorate the tree and we end up with several ornaments on one branch - I always go behind them and fix it. I always space them out a little. I'm horrible about that! Love your tree - it's perfect!