i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

9 years in the minefields...

this past weekend i heard "dancing in the minefields" for the first time...
i cried.
it's been an emotional few weeks anyways...but this made me cry not only because of being emotional, but because of our anniversary.
today.
today, we've been dancing in the minefields for 9! NINE!! years.
these past years haven't been easy.
but they've been easier with you by my side.
they haven't been all fun.
but they've been more fun with you by my side.
they haven't been all roses.
but they've been prettier with you by my side.
the storms have been rocky.
but they've been calmer with you by my side.



as we've danced around minefields the past nine years...
i know there are only more to come.
BUT i know that the God we've hung on to, when everything else seemed impossible...is why we are STILL dancing in the minefields.
shaun michael popp.
i love you.
always.
forever.
and a day after that.
love.
amanda.


check out the video. ((i cried through this, too. it made me think of my grandparents.))


i also just love reading the lyrics. while people didn't TELL us we were too young, i'm sure they thought it. i was 20 he was 22 when we got married. :)
Well I was 19 you were 21 
The year we got engaged 
And everyone said we were much to young 
But we did it anyway 
We got the rings for 40 each from a pawnshop down the road 
We said our vows and took the leap now 15 years ago 

Chorus: 
And we went dancing in the minefields 
We went sailing in the storms 
And it was harder than we dreamed 
But I believe that's what the promise is for 

Well I do are the two most famous last words 
The beginning of the end 
But to lose your life for another I've heard is a good place to begin 
Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down 
And I believe it's an easy price for the life that we have found 

Chorus: 
And we're dancing in the minefields 
We're sailing in the storms 
And this is harder than we dreamed 
But I believe that's what the promise is for 
That's what the promise is for 

Bridge: 
So when I lose my way, find me 
When I loose love's chains, bind me 
At the end of all my faith 
to the end of all my days 
when I forget my name, remind me 

Cause we bear the light of the son of man 
So there's nothing left to fear 
So I'll walk with you in the shadow lands 
Till the shadows disappear 
Cause he promised not to leave us 
And his promises are true 
So in the face of all this chaos baby 
I can dance with you 

Chorus: 
So lets go dancing in the minefields 
Lets go sailing in the storms 
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields 
And kicking down the doors 
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields 
And sailing in the storms 
Oh this is harder than we dreamed 
But I believe that's what the promise is for 
That's what the promise is for


and if you've made it THIS far. here are some more pictures from our wedding day that i scanned.
((i already said i was emotional...this picture made me cry. my grandpa always had a word or two to say to shaun...in german. the looks on our faces makes me think he was doing it then! ;) ))
 shaun and the guys. me and the girls.
 i love the looks on our faces in the first picture. :)
 and a few fun group shots. :)

2 loving words from you.:

-stephanie- said...

Happy 9 year Anniversary!

Very pretty wedding.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Kelli W said...

I hope you had an amazing anniversary! What a great song. I've never heard it {or about the guy that sings it}.