i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

another christmas card!

UPDATE: okay my friend, who i emailed the cards to, suggested adding US to the card...so here's that card...now you have THREE to pick from. thanks for the help...here's the newest new card...
original 'new' card...
okay. so i love the scrapblog site. and made another christmas card. now i'm in a pickle. which one do i print?! or do i print both and then split them up. oh i just don't know. i kind of like this one better. why? i don't know i just do okay. i had to antique the picture. but i like it better that way...fits the theme better i think. so i want your opinion. that one or this one...



i like them both. each for their own reasons...oh i just don't know...so HELP!! please make my decision. i'm very indecisive. i just should quit playing around with it. but i so LOVE the site. i'll probably be making new headers all the time now. and my new blogging buddy jill gave me some new tips too. so i'll be trying them too. maybe not today...but soon. you just wait. :0) really it's nothing to fabulous, for you, but for me it is and i'm excited to play around with it.


oh and my other blogging buddy, i've got lots...lol, Julie, shared this post about a fantastic program she uses and other goodies. go check them out. of course AFTER you're done reading this post.


i've also found a video on another, you guessed it blogging buddy's blog, cassandra posted this and i found it to be very good. now you all may have guessed that me and my hubby don't have any issues getting pregnant, we have issues NOT getting pregnant i guess. but in all seriousness SO many people do have issues. and that post has a great video i encourage you all to watch. and you may need a tissue or three thousand.


i don't know if any of you who maybe just started reading this fantastic blog, lol it's my blog i can say that, know this but we had a miscarriage before amelya. we got pregnant two weeks after our wedding night! we found out a few days before christmas and we found out at my 12 week appt there was not heartbeat. i shared my feelings awhile back on my whole miscarriage after reading the blog about audrey caroline and the letter angie wrote her. so then i blogged my little heart, and tears, out here. i encourage you to watch the video and read my post. and just have a little tiny bit of understanding.


i don't think i can or ever will understand what it feels like to not be able to get pregnant. or at least struggle with it. i know, one time, how it felt to read the negative pregnancy test when we 'tried' for ONE MONTH to get pregnant after the miscarriage and my laproascopy. i remember being so bummed. i couldn't imagine reading "not pregnant" month after month after month...i'm sorry to anyone who has to deal with that. know that i'm praying for you. for god to give you perfect peace about your situation. and that you just continue to lean on him and trust in his awesome plan for your life. because our god is so so so so SO good. all of the time.


so i've also come to terms with the fact, that, are you ready? i don't think god is done with us having babies. it's something we've been praying about and we both feel that, well, this isn't 'it'. i don't know what to say about it, besides we're just following god's leading. because i know full well, I was ready to be done. then something happened. i started listening to what GOD had to say. lol. and well it's been pressed upon my heart, and shaun's for that matter, that we just aren't done yet. or maybe right now. maybe a few months from now that will change, or maybe it won't. all i know is that i'm looking to GOD for my answers not this world. the world will through so many things at us.

'how can you afford it' (um god provides, and since i don't ask them to pay for it...why are they worried about it then)

'isn't four enough' (no, i don't think any number is ever 'enough')

'you're crazy' (that may be true, but not because i keep having kids!!)

'are they ALL yours' (well yes, and i'm so very proud of it)

'you know what prevents this right' (well yes i guess i do, but then i should ask them if they know the truth about that little pill they take?)


sorry. i've really been troubled lately on all the information i've been finding out about the 'pill' and other forms of birth control. do your research. then seek out god's answer. that's what we did. we've decided to not go on any sort of 'medicine' birth control. this may be too much information, and well, then stop reading. but this is my blog, so i'll share it. because it makes no difference to me. so we've decided to forgo the 'medicine' stuff as i've said already and stick with condoms for now. and after i get my period, lord willing, because um i was pregnant with dustin before i got my period last time, we'll then do the 'natural family planning' or 'ferility awareness method'. i've done a little research on both of them. haven't decided what quite yet to do. but i know that this is what god wants us to do right now. birth control is a very controversial subject. but it is also a very personal choice. and a choice that a couple needs to make together. and seek out god together on. so that's what we're doing. and i feel at peace about it.


i don't want to start any sort of debates either. i'm sorry if i've riled you up. but i wanted to share how i feel. i also want you to be open to what i've shared. i want you to get educated about your choices too. so research things. and understand what you know and know why you know it.


boy this post was all over today. and i could still go on and on. lol. imagine that! must be naptime at our house. and yep you're right. shaun had off this morning. well i should say, even though dance was cancelled shaun didn't go in until later this morning. he just wanted to sleep in i think. he didn't get home until after 730 last night, so i think the girlies, well i KNOW the girlies, loved playing with him all morning. i actually kind of liked it too. i've decided he should get a morning off at least once every other week. like when he worked the weekend before he should get a morning off the next week. makes sense to me!


we've got loads and loads of snow here. snowstorm carter came...and is STILL coming. i don't remember the last time we've had this much snow so early in the year. maybe this is all we'll get. ha. yeah right. it is wisconsin after all. we can get snow in may for pete's sake.


well i think i've rambled on long enough. sorry. now go check out all those links i gave you! please don't forget the video. and share with cassandra how it touched you too! let her know i sent you. peace out. (i don't know why i said that. but i did. and even though i have the backspace button to use to my advantage...i won't. i'll let you in on a little bit of my craziness...)

21 loving words from you.:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Just came over from Sneaky Mamma. Love the cards...Beautiful family. I would have a hard time choosing also.. Have a blessed day.

-stephanie- said...

love both the cards. send them both.

good post today. I'm off to read the links you put in.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh yeah, I say the first one, it has the whole family in it.

S.L.P said...

I like the second card you made. I'm with you on the children thing and you're right about the pill...it's scary. I'm not one who immediately gets pregnant post partum. In fact I tend to think it takes too long (my two youngest are 2 and a half years apart) and I've not gotten my cycles back yet at 1 year post partum. So it's easy for me to say let God time them, but regardless of whether he chooses to give you one right after the other or space them out a bit he is still in control and knows what he's doing. I know explaining that to others isn't easy. I've encountered so many many people who regret taking permanent steps to ensure they don't have any more children. It's not worth the cost. I just wanted to encourage you that you're not the only person who wants to be blessed by as many children as God desires to give. It's not strange at all:o)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Top one's my fave!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Friend!

Loved today's post. :) So much great information, but it leaves me with the gi-normous task of responding. I will do my best. Here goes...

Super tough choice re the cards. I totally understand why you are in a pickle. I am with you on being incredibly indecisive, so I offer my advice. Go with the "new newest card." I like the way it shows all of your kids together, as well as you and your husband.

Wow! You are having more kids. AMAZING. I aspire to a big family, but am not sure if it is in the cards for us. My grandmother had five kids. If you feel pulled in that direction, I say go for it. In the end, your faith and your heart will guide you and Shaun to do what is right for your family.

I'm off to look at the links that you gave us.

Talk to you soon, F.

Jen said...

wow, this is a long post. I'll have to come back and read it later when the kids are in bed...but for now I just wanted to say that I still like the first card the best...my opinion. (brown with the tree)

Jen said...

Ps. I wish I could hire you to pimp my blog. I need a cool header like that...:o)
Just don't have the know-how or time to do it...

Jen said...

Ohh yippee! My e-mail is jennimatt10@hotmail.com...what's yours and I'll e-mail you some pics!
Hooray, I'm so stoked!

Rachel said...

I like the newest card with the photo of you and your hubby and the kids on the other side. :)

-stephanie- said...

LOVE the newest card!

Stephanie said...

I like the second one but they are all awesome!

Yay for you girl..don't you let anyone tell you want is right for you and your family. You do what you and hubby want! I think having a house full is one of the best things in life and of course looking into those beautiful eyes everyday isn't too bad either :)

Julie said...

Oh my gosh girl! How do you have time to write so much with 4 kids! LOL! I like the top 2 cards the best...only b/c I like the kids all in one photo...very cute!

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage too. It was the most devestating thing that I've ever experienced.

I still haven't checked out scrapblog. I guess I really need too!

Anonymous said...

kinda looks like my idea of the kids and you and shaun in the colorful pic was a hit! ;)
guess who

heidi said...

Hmm...if I HAD to pick, I'd pick the first one just because I'm a sucker for stripes.

We don't use chemical b/c or iud's or anything like that, either. If you haven't already pick up a book called 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. It is so helpful!!!

Elyse said...

I LOVE the new card look :)
~Elyse~

WheresMyAngels said...

I think I like the first one the best.

I'm so sorry about your M/C. I so understand about people thinking your crazy for wanting more. Since my first bio child had an inherited disability, people were very judgmental when I decided to have more children and also not do amnio's (like those would of made a difference in the outcome to me, not. Then of course I had a second bio child (my oldest child is not a bio child, in fact, legally we are not even related anymore since he was a step, but I raised him for 14 years and he calls me mom and I consider him son) with the same disability. When I had a third child, I didn't even tell anyone I ws pregnant til we were five months along and only then cause my husband made me tell family. I just didn't want to hear bad remarks. This year I finally ended up doing the surgery so I cannot no longer have children. It was a very hard decision and I was afraid I would regret it. So far I am fine plus I'm getting older and can't keep up with the kids I have. lol

I'll be saying some prayers for you.

Liz said...

I like the one with the kids and you and your hubby...very cute...love the stripes...your family is beautiful!

Julie said...

Have a little something for you on my blog!

agk11808 said...

i like the picture with all of you on it, the last one. also whenever you want to put a header...or whatever you were talking about on my blog, just let me know what i have to do for you.

agk11808 said...

wait hold it i like the first one better then the last sorry!