i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, December 22, 2008

nope. not me.

these weeks seem to fly on by! and as always on monday...brings not me monday...hosted by mckmama. so go check her site out to join me in the fun...but of course after reading my not me's first! ;0)

it was not me who giggled at the cute little old lady wearing levi's the other day. it was not me who hoped i was a stylish as her when i'm a cute little old lady...

...as long as i'm talking about clothes i didn't giggle at the guy at hu hot who was wearing a shirt with willie nelson on it and said "have a willie nice day" (apparently i'm easily amused)

i was not a little bummed that i didn't win the camera raffle-way mckmama had. i don't get bummed about things like just a really super awesome camera.

i did not find it absolutely hilarious when my friend's daughter, after seeing a guy dressed up as 'santa' at story time said this "santa left in a green car"....truth be told the guy drives a green car and she probably saw him when she came in for story time! so funny i can't deny it!

we did not have way too much snow and cold here the past few days. it was not over 20 degrees BELOW ZERO yesterday. i do not live in wisconsin where winters are NOT fun most of the time.

and because it wasn't cold out yesterday we didn't go out in it and celebrate christmas at my mom and dad's house. we didn't make the girls wear snow pants, boots, and everything else for a five second RUN from the house to the garage. i did not wish we had an attached garage.

when we got home i did not have to sit in the neighbor's yard for almost a half hour so shaun could blow the snow that had drifted our driveway shut.

i did not listen to the same barney DVD again while waiting for him. i do not have almost every song on that DVD memorized.

because i don't have them memorized i do not sing along with them. amelya has not said to me
'mom please don't sing the songs' almost every time we watch it. or she doesn't say 'mom are you singing along?' and then proceed to tell me to stop. (seriously people it's barney songs...i can't be THAT bad of a singer! have you heard baby bop???)

i did not convince my hubby to go to hu hot. i didn't feel bad when after we went, he said he doesn't like it??!!?? so i didn't say "i'll just come back with melissa"

and my baby boy is NOT two months old already today. i am not in denial that the past two months have flown by SO fast. i am not super excited that he now sleeps til five thirty every morning....and then goes back to sleep again! i do not love getting a full night's sleep again.

so i guess that's it. really not much this week. sorry my friends! i am just not creative or something today. either that or later i'll think...darn i could've said this or that.

so it's C-O-L-D here yet again today. two hour delay for schools even. plus they had a snow day on friday. what a nice long weekend. shaun and i ventured out in snowstorm eli saturday to finish our christmas shopping. which is pretty much DONE. i have to go somewhere today, but other than that...we're done. yay. and good thing because christmas is like a few days away!

we went to fleet farm saturday. shaun had been GIVEN a 100 dollar gift card at work the day before. so we figured we'd go try to spend it. we found what we needed and only ended up using like forty bucks of it. then he said...now i have to remember to use it next time. we have a hard time remember gift cards...so then god reminded me of the gift revolution that i had seen awhile back. and about the show 'secret millionaire' (real life millionaires giving away THEIR own money) so anyways i told shaun...well we could just give the card to the person in line after us. he said really? so i explained to him the gift revolution thing...he didn't say much. but i think he wanted to. so we stood in line anticipating WHO was going to get in line after us. a nice lady and her husband did. so i was getting nervous to see if shaun would do it (he is SO shy) and then the lady, who is nice, let this other person in line ahead of her because he only had two things. so we left the store with out giving the card away. shaun said he didn't want to give it to him. then i'm like, well we can give it to someone walking in. shaun looked all nervous again. so i said I'll do it! he said...OKAY!! i think he was happy. well then would you know it NOT ONE PERSON was walking into the store. so i was all bummed. then a car pulled in next to our van. and i jumped out. well then i had to chase them down because they walked a different way than i anticipated! so i tapped the lady on the shoulder and said excuse me? her and her husband turned around. i said here...we got this as a gift and felt led to pass it on. the look on their faces? SHOCK. pure and utter shock. she stood there staring at me and the card like i had been doing crack or something. her husband broke the silence and said. wow. thank you. merry christmas. and i smiled and said merry christmas...and literally skipped back to the van. i was so pumped. that felt so good. it was SO much fun. i would've loved to see their faces when they saw that there was over 50 dollars left on the card. the card didn't have a total on it.

i wish i would have more things to do like that. i've been praying about what to do. and when that came about...i was stoked! it was an answer to my prayer. i could give away something...and totally and completely bless someone. ohhh it was fun. so now i'm trying to think of more little things that i can do. all year round even. it shouldn't have to be just at christmas time. so let's get thinking. and share the joy all year 'round!

dustin is two months today. he has his appt later. i'll try and post the stats. although i think he may be my biggest baby at two months old. i'm excited to see. he'll have to have shots too today. i'm one who does the shots. and don't want to debate the pros and cons. i've done some research but don't feel the need to not get them. my mom is on first shift and is going to meet me at the chiro and then take the girls home with her, so i can take dustin by myself. works out great!

christmas was great at my parent's house yesterday. we cancelled going out to eat, because a lot of family would have to travel. so we made it to my parents after shaun got done working and blowing our snow so we could get out. it's only a seven mile trek to town. so not too bad.

the girlies and dustin got great gifts. and so did shaun and i. my sister gave me the cricut jukebox! i'm so excited. it's semi-annoying have to switch cartridges all the time. now i can just load up the ones i use the most and voila. no more semi-annoyances! now i just need the time to play with my cricut!

well i suppose i've got some diapers to change and kids to get dressed...they're in there jammies yet. so til next time my sweet friends!


14 loving words from you.:

Unknown said...

Happy NMM!! I hope I can still wear Levi's when I'm old too. Actually the Willie shirt sounds kind of cute for a little old man.

-stephanie- said...

cracked up over you singing Barney and your daughter telling you to not sing. I'm glad my girls are done with him.


loved your giving of the gift certificate story. It sure blesses you more than the person you gave it to.

My Kids Mom said...

Too funny...my youngest tells us to stop singing along all the time!
And if it makes you feel any better in MI yesterday the winchill was 26 below....cold!

Anonymous said...

i could reply on all kind of this, but...i'll try to keep it short! praise the lord for the opportunity to give to someone else! nathan and i got to do something this week as well, and i was more excited about blessing this person than i am about any gifts for me under the tree! by the way-very nice gift your sister got you! and come january, which i can wait for, b/c then gage will be 2 and i'm not ready for him to be that old, but we get to scrapbook again!! i asked nathan about doing two fridays and he was fine with it!! ptl for such a wonderful husband! so see if shaun is ok with it or if someone wants to play with the girlies until he gets home. i just have so much to do and haven't done it in months that i'm all stoked to get at it again and i always want to do more once our night is done! ok, well, this is already long, so i'll end with, happy 2 months dustin-you're growing too fast!
love,
chantae

Anonymous said...

i could reply on all kind of this, but...i'll try to keep it short! praise the lord for the opportunity to give to someone else! nathan and i got to do something this week as well, and i was more excited about blessing this person than i am about any gifts for me under the tree! by the way-very nice gift your sister got you! and come january, which i can wait for, b/c then gage will be 2 and i'm not ready for him to be that old, but we get to scrapbook again!! i asked nathan about doing two fridays and he was fine with it!! ptl for such a wonderful husband! so see if shaun is ok with it or if someone wants to play with the girlies until he gets home. i just have so much to do and haven't done it in months that i'm all stoked to get at it again and i always want to do more once our night is done! ok, well, this is already long, so i'll end with, happy 2 months dustin-you're growing too fast!
love,
chantae

Stacy said...

I seem to catch my self watching the kids movies even after the have gone to be.

Great list!!!

LucieP said...

oh the cold weather...brrr...come visit me! It's gonna be in the 70s on Christmas!

Barney gets in your head man...my son used to tell me the same thing...

Everybody now! Clean up clean up, everybody everywhere...

Blah...at least you'll be a cute old lady wearing jeans and singing Barney!

Elyse said...

LOVE your nots of the week. I totally did not buy a new Barney DVD for a child I babysit because the same one over and over is getting to me!
~Elyse~

Jane Anne said...

I enjoyed your Not me! list, especially the singing part. My kids often ask me to stop singing, too. It kind of makes me sad but mostly, I just laugh. I can't carry a tune to save my life. I really enjoyed your gift card story. Awesome! That was very inspiring.

Faith said...

I found your blog through McMamma. I loved your story of the gift card. So sweet. It reminds me of the movie Pay it Forward. I hope you and your family have a Merry CHRISTmas :)

--Faith

heidi said...

Crap. I forgot what I was gonna say. Hold on while I skim again...

OH!

"have a willie nice day" <--That made me literally LOL. I love that stuff.

My kids are always begging me not to sing, too. Apparently I suck at it. Psh. What do THEY know?

What you did with the card was AWESOME!!!!

Thank you for the prayers.

Mrs4444 said...

Holy cow, Amanda! You had quite a few ramblings here yourself today :) First of all, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new header!! WOW!

More snow today....!

I didn't realize Barney was still around...poor you :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Ok, I am cracking up of the have a willie nice day. That is hysterical. Great list!

Elyse said...

Glad you liked today's post :) New a mom would love it! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
~Elyse~