i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

update and random babbling

hey. thanks so much for your prayers...and continued prayers.

i'm finally starting to 'drain'. which means lots of nose blowing, but a little relief of the awful pressure! dustin woke up and seems better than he did at five. and i know it's an answer to prayer...not just coincidence. he's still stuffy. but doesn't sound rattley like he did at five am. praise god. i just am praying it stays away. i never called the dr. because i didn't feel the need to. plus he has his TWO MONTH check up on monday. can you believe it?!? i can not. i am in denial that my baby is already two months old. as in plural. with an s and the end. AH!

shaun is working today. hopefully not too much longer. we have christmas shopping to finish. and there is yet another snow storm coming. expected to bring like five inches. geez. we're getting loads of snow here. i can't wait til the kids are bigger and can all go out. truth is though i am also glad that they're little. i don't like playing in the snow. i blame it on the one month i worked in the two year old room at the daycare. getting 12 two year olds ready for outside is no fun. and takes forever. it has given me only scary memories. lol. not scary...just lots of work. for like five seconds of playtime outside!

tomorrow is christmas with my mom's side of the family. i'm praying everyone can make it. i haven't seen a lot of them since...i don't even know when. it's sad. i don't like it. but ever since my grandma got put in the nursing home, like eight years ago?, we've never all gotten together. except for my grandma's funeral i guess. but then again that was already five years ago. i can't believe it's been that long. i miss her everyday. when i see little old ladies out and about it reminds me of her and i smile and tear up usually. she was such an awesome grandma. i can't wait to see her again in heaven.

so we'll see what the storm brings and who it brings. after we're going to my mom and dad's house for christmas. i can't believe it's christmas already. it should be a fun time. my parent's house is feeling small though already with our four kiddos...wait til my sister starts...it'll be full of kids!! but i know my parents love being grandma and papa, and feel pretty safe to say they wouldn't change a single thing! it's so fun to see my dad with the kids. he was working a lot when we were growing up. and missed a lot. i sometimes find myself 'jealous' of the relationship he has with my kids. then i snap out of it, and realized how blessed i am by it and how blessed they are. and how blessed he is. i just pray he realizes it.

and i'm also hoping to talk my dear hubby into hu hot. my mom is watching the girls. and we're bringing dustin. soooo it'll be way easy to eat there. we'll see. i just have been craving it.

i posted some pics up on facebook today. here is one link and here is yet another. so go ahead and enjoy them. because we all know i'm too lazy to post the same pictures up twice! plus i can post so many more up on there a heck of a lot faster. :0)

enjoy your day. and i'll probably not be back until not me monday....probably!

6 loving words from you.:

Helene said...

Another mom of 4 here!! You have such a beautiful family!! I'm amazed that most of your kids are smiling in the pics you took!! I'm lucky if I can get them to stop crying long enough to get a semi-decent pic!!!

I found you on Blog Stalkers Unite!

Ashley said...

Hope you make it to Hu Hot!!!

Elyse said...

LOVE your sweet pictures on facebook. Love em! Glad everyone is feeling better...or running to feel better :)
Hope you had a nice dinner!
~Elyse~

He & Me + 3 said...

My brother loves his hu hot too! Never been but it must be delicious. He craves it too! Hope you get to go. Hope the weather holds out so the family makes it to the Christmas too.

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with your post, but i like your background! i think it's my fav. 'christmasy' one you've had!
chantae

heidi said...

Oh I LOVE Hu Hot! I haven't been in over a year, since we moved :-( Hope you're back to feeling great, soon!