i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

biggest loser...

UPDATE: so if you are first reading this...know that i totally will tell you who gets booted. so if you don't want to know...sorry don't read it...(thanks martha for the suggestion.)

was pretty good last night....

i was impressed with joelle's somewhat of a turnaround. either that or she was frightened of the upcoming visit from her friend carla...she KNEW she'd better 'get er done'. and that she did. she lost 10 pounds. i will admit i was hoping she'd fall below the yellow line. only because i didn't want dan to, and i knew that she'd be gone if she had....

...i teared up totally when blaine went home to be with his wife!! yay!! i knew they'd do that for him. it would have been SOOOOO hard to completely miss the birth. but he's still missing on so much. what a sacrifice for his family. i'm hoping that momma has some help though. she has four kiddos now. but they all seem spread apart age wise so it may be a bit easier for her. blaine and dane are looking good. they will be a force to be reckoned with if they continue on the show.

can i say i absolutely LOVE the blue team? filipe and sione. they're cousins and so funny. i think they will do awesome together. plus like i said they seem hilarious. i love hilarious.

i also am rooting for the team from wiscosin yet. the purple team. they are also too cute and i think will do really well together.

the pink and brown teams are also doing well. i was touched by mike's speech to keep them there. i figured they'd stay. (only because bob's team had majority) but it was touching and he was 'real'. dave...well he drove me crazy with his attitude. but i was pleasantly surprised at his weight loss at home. and i teared up when i saw daniel. man. he is looking excellent. i am so relieved they are doing it at home. i was unsure of dave and a little bit leary of daniel. but they're doing it yay!!

hmmm...oh there is the yellow team and green team yet huh? well i think all four of these girls are going to work their tookies off. it'll be interesting to see the next challenge between the teams with their partners there.

overall a good show. and i'm excited for next week!!

i stayed up way too late last night. 1130. all because i had to finish a book. it's 'this side of heaven' by karen kingsbury. she is my absolute FAVORITE author. and this book was soooo good. i will not say anything more than that because you should go read it and i don't want to give away anything. except that i cried. but i cry when i read any of her books. she is the first author that i have ever read that makes me BAWL like i do. but i continue to read it anyway....

sooo today is story time. then we are going to gage's house. i know aren't we ever home. lol. someone 'new' to mom's group this week asked if i stay at home. my initial answer was yes. then i said actually i am never home. but i don't work. lol. so we coined the term 'stay-in-van' mom. because that's where you find me most days. but it's alright. we are usually home by three most days. so we aren't gone ALL day anyways.

i haven't talked about this much this week. but my biopsy is on friday. i actually keep forgetting it is friday. 'til last night. i though whoa boy. two more days and i'll have a needle in my neck. lol. it really won't be THAT bad. they numb it first. my sil said remember it'll be long. but tiny. it's the 'width' that hurts not the length. so i'll be fine. i'm so thankful that shaun will be coming along. it makes it easier to do it with him next to me. and of course it is all so much easier because i have that perfect peace the lord gives me. i know and fully trust he is in control of all of this. and because of that i have the perfect peace from him. and i am SO very thankful for that.

so keep it in your prayers my friends. i appreciate every single one. i know on friday as we go for the biopsy i will feel them, just like i did last time for my scan. i LOVE the awesome power of prayer!!

well i've got a screaming kid to take care of. breigh is mad at me because she wants a snack and i told her she had to finish her cereal. so she threw herself on the floor screaming. lol. it doesn't work with me. and she knows it. because now she's reading books she saw on the bookshelf while crying and screaming by it. and she's fine. i'm sure she knows if shaun was here she'd have a better chance at getting what she wanted. but not with me. and shaun is getting better at it too. he's learning to be firmer and mean it and stick with it. because HE is the head of this house and family. not me. so HE needs to be that person. and i've been so blessed to see god changing and working on him to be all that. yay.

well i suppose. i need to get moving. i think i should shower before dustin gets up. he woke up at 640 to eat and then went back to sleep. that's what he's usually been doing. and then sleeping til nine or even later! and we leave around ten for storytime. that's what i'll do then. :0) oh yeah, did i mention my little man rolled over last week friday!?! yeppers. so now he rolls off his back at three months. and he rolled off his belly at five weeks. so he's right in line with amelya. we'll see if he's crawling at six and a half months like she was too!! yikes! it was actually nicer to have breigh and caitlyn be later movers. i'm not so sure if i'll be ready to have four moving kids in three months. three months and dustin will be half a year old. wow. okay let's just stop talking about all of this...i need to shower anyway....

16 loving words from you.:

Stephanie said...

I just can't believe he's rolling over already! Allie's gonna be crawling in no time and she just seems too little to crawl..I want to keep her still :)

Praying for you!!!

Hugs

~*Michelle*~ said...

Praying HARD for you, mama.

xox
*~Michelle~*

Mark 11:24

-stephanie- said...

Thanks for the updates. I'll be praying.

And I intended to go to the christian book store yesterday. It would have been nice to run into you.

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for you...It will be ok...
(hugs)
Mimi

heidi said...

My little chubster doesn't roll. He's so lazy, I swear it. Though - I think he's getting ready to crawl because he realllly wants to get his brothers trains. :-)

It was a hard choice as to who needed to go home last night. Oy. I was glad to see the progress on the homefront for the team that did, though.

C.C. and Double T said...

I am praying for you.

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Hi Amanda,
I will pray he does not get 'movin' any time soon..Yikes..
I am praying my little one takes her time doing everything. am in no HURRY..lol..
I read your last entry..can not believe scrapblog is not free anymore..boohoo..are there any other sites like that..where you can get backgrounds and do headers? I have photshop, but I preferred scrapblog!
Talk to ya soon..
Annmarie

The Mama said...

Thanks for the BL update. As always, praying for you!

Christie said...

sure you can come, get in my pocket!! we have never been and can not wait!!

Anonymous said...

Um yeah, your blog title should have a "Spoiler's Alert" warning next to it. Thank goodness I don't watch The Biggest Loser... even though I want to, I just keep forgetting to change the channel and my husband hogged the DVR recording schedule. Bah!!

A needle in your neck? Crikey, I will be praying for you!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Sounds like your little man will be all over the place soon!
Love your reality show recaps. :)

Honey Mommy said...

I was so impressed when I saw Dan too! Losing over 100 pounds did wonders! I wasn't very impressed with Dave at all.

I am interested to see how the weigh-in of the at-home members goes!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Praying for you my friend! I hope Friday goes well. I'm glad your hubby can go with you.

Take care & have a great Thursday!

mittelmommy said...

hey-good recap! i didn't think dan should go yet, he's so young, it'd be nice to see him have a trainer for awhile yet, but i was impressed to see how well he was doing at home. i think the dad's story helped them stay and the other guys attitude helped them go. i can't wait to see dan at the finale though! i think the model on the green team who stayed has a lot of ambition! i can't wait to see how everyone did at home next week.
was it dustin's first time that your talking about rolling over at my house last week? it's going way too fast i tell ya!
praying for your appt on friday, thanks in advance for watching gage, and we can't wait for our game evening! will miss you at scrapbooking tomorrow night though! ;)

Jen said...

I totally agreed with your BL assessement.
Karen Kingsbury is also my FAVORITE author EVER and I can't EVER put her books down when I start one! I'll have to keep my eyes out for that one!

WheresMyAngels said...

I'll be praying for you. So Sorry your having to go thru this.

On the biggest loser, I have never watched it yet. I probably would love it, but I don't watch much TV before 10 pm, except House and LOST.

I feel like I spend half my time driving and the other half working. I get sick of being in my van!