i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, January 12, 2009

not me...later than normal

i'm sure ya'll were wondering where the heck amanda was this morning...well i was sleeping DUH!


because...it is not me who is so exicted dustin has now decided to sleep past seven am for THREE days in a row...i am not hoping this is a new trend..and i'm not excited that breigh slept til after eight either...woo hoo...


i was not blessed by my husband who let me go back to sleep after dustin woke up on saturday. i did not sleep til almost TEN AM!! i do not remember the last time i slept that late...


my husband did not bless me by writing me a cute little note. i did not feel bad that i found it saturday morning *after waking up at TEN!!* when he wanted me to find it friday. and 'wake him up' after scrapping. i may or may not have made it up to him saturday night. *wink wink*


i did not get home from scrapbooking after midnight. i did not then watch this video. i did not bawl my eyes out. i did not show it to shaun on saturday *after TEN* and bawl again. i have not been touched by this video.


last week after the chiro i did not give breigh a candy cane in the van and tell her not to eat it. she did not tell me okay. we did not have this conversation a few minutes into our van ride:

B: mom my hands are all sticky.

M: Breigh i told you not to eat the candy cane. are you eating it?

B: i'm not eating it....i'm LICKING it.

yeah. guess i need to be more literal to her!!


yesterday while rushing to get ready for church i did not look at my shoe before putting it on my foot. because i didn't look at it explains why i put it on the WRONG foot. i did not think...'hmm that's a good not me'.


i'm still not hoping to smell some dead mice in my house. i did not get irritated that they are stock piling their poison in my entry way. i have not prayed for them to die every night since i knew they were in my house.


i didn't get excited to see my mommy friend chantae last week and get some good 'chatting' in. and i'm not excited that she now has her own blog!


well i suppose that's as good as it gets this week. if you have a few...or eleven...minutes go check out that video i bawled too. get some kleenex and relax. audrey's story is so beautiful and so touching. it hits you. life is short. live for today. that was my 'message' last week, and i'm still livin' and speakin' it this week. we are not guarenteed tomorrow my friends. today is worth every ounce of your 'caring' of your 'dedication' of your 'everything'.

maybe i'll get a minute to post later about our fun weekend. which was loads of fun! (who doesn't like game night/birthday party with DQ ice cream cake and then another game day the next day for the same birthday lady! lol)

so for now have a great monday...


14 loving words from you.:

Ashley said...

I definitely did not bawl my eyes out watching the video and hope Ayden didn't see me crying and ask what was wrong... but it was definitely a beautiful video!

The Mama said...

Yep, I'm guilty too. I cried the whole time. Left me speechless. Good thing for NMM!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

I also did NOT cry..It was one of the most touching REAL things I have seen in a while...
Great Not Me..

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hooray for sleep! That's awesome that your little boy is learning that SAHM's are not supposed to clock in before 7:00AM. :)

Jessi said...

Great Not Me's! Can't wait to see pictures of your fun weekend!

heidi said...

How awesome that you got to go back to bed! Color me jealous!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so jealous of all your extra sleep. Just not fair. Enjoy it whenever you can get it.

Julie said...

I am still SO jealous about how well your little one sleeps! I am definitely doing something wrong...

Hope you have a fabulous week!!

agk11808 said...

i was doing "fine" watching the video...until grant asked me "what are you watching" me "something i shouldn't be"(while on period and emotions are crazy) i then started bawling and couldn't talk. Grant sat by me for the remainder of the video holding my hand. when it was done we hugged...then finally 30 min later i was able to tell him what the video was without bawling!

Jane Anne said...

I do not look forward to Saturdays all week long because my hubby often lets me sleep in on Saturdays!! Oh my, I love that. It is my favorite thing ever. I am not a morning person and not having to get up with the kids is a special treat for me.
I loved all of your list! I will have to check out the video later (when I won't be interrupted constantly!).

-stephanie- said...

I'm all for sleep. Glad you are getting more. I watched the video 3 times, and cried each time.

S.L.P said...

Two words...sticky traps.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I love that "I'm not eating it. I'm licking it" Too cute! I totally understand the sleeping late. Ooops, maybe I don't understand it. I did not get up at 5:00 this morning to have quiet time thinking I would stay up. Then I did not go back to bed at 5:30 and sleep tll 8:00. Nope, not me. I have way more stamina than that!

Thanks for the laugh. I don't think I can watch the video. Her story really touches me. I watched the one last year with both her & her husband. That's mighty stuff. May God continue to bless her & her family.

And yours, too. I love the pics. Your children are precious!

ashleyjnc said...

Well, since you asked so nice, I'll delurk :) Found you on Mckmama on NMM. I read your whole blog... from oldest to newest.