i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, February 27, 2009

genius.

well maybe not quite. but my amelya tested at a FIVE year old level for her screening. so 'whew'. i feel better. i got to go with her during the screening, so thank god my mil was home to watch the other three kiddos...i was so impressed at amelya during the screening. she didn't talk the ladies ear off by ANY means, but at least she talked. amelya is very shy until you get to know her. just like her mommy and daddy...probably more her mommy daddy. she also passed the hearing and eye screening. yay. i was just so glad she did so well. makes me feel like i'm doing something right in this world.

i also found out from the county nurse that they offer the same services to home-schooling families as they do the school. for free. so i can get the kiddos hearing and vision screened whenever i feel like it. for free. yep. kind of excited about the free part!!

i fed dustin cereal for the first time yesterday. PRO!! i put a spoonful in his mouth. by the second spoon he OPENED his mouth to eat!! needless to say. he likes to eat. and he likes the cereal. what posses someone to enjoy white cereal mush is beyond me!! but i'm just thankful he eats good. he did today too. one of these days i'll add some fruit in with it and see how that goes. i just can't believe how big he's getting.

for those of you who don't know my kids in real life. they're hilarious. i shot some video of them yesterday. i'll upload it for you. please don't mind my voice in it. i hate the sound of my recorded voice. i'm hoping it doesn't sound like that irl. if it does, no one will ever want to meet me!! i truly do not like my voice though, when shaun listens to voicemails from me i purposely leave the room because i can hear my voice. why he feels the need to listen to the voicemail in front of me i don't know either!!

shaun has to work this weekend. boo hoo. but next weekend he has off. and we're going to the third day concert. so that'll be fun. on sunday this week, we're going to my mom and dad's. it was my dad's bday yesterday. a whole 46 years old. yep my 'rents were young when they had me. and actually my aunt (mom's side) and my grandpa (mom's side) turned 56 and 86. all yesterday. crazy eh?

so i'm off to do some stuff. because we all know the video will take pretty close to forever to load.

well the video is almost done loading. so i came back to finish up the post. i have a load of work ahead of me when i leave this post. breigh and caitlyn are napping. dustin is happily singing in the swing, but not swinging he cries non-stop if he is swinging! and amelya is paitently waiting for my video to load so SHE can use the computer. she loves the new game that we're reviewing...and i promise the review is coming soon!! i had to email the lady a few questions and am waiting for her response. settle down. :0)

while amelya is playing. i am going to be cleaning. argh. actually it's more like organizing. the playroom. is.a.BIG.mess. so because i can't expect them to do it, it's way too messy for that. i am going to re-organize and stay on top of it. truthfully since we've had the playroom this is the messiest it's gotten. so i'm quite happy about that. i've also really been thinking lately our kids have WAY too many toys. like seriously way too many. so i'm sure i'll be 'thinning' them out while cleaning today. i'm thinking as well i could give them to my haiti lady. hmm. great. at least i know some other kid would be excited to have a toy my kids haven't touched in ages. sounds like a plan. i usually go through the kids' toys every few months and get rid of some. this time i'm hoping to get rid of more than some...like maybe quite a bit...that's a little less than a lot. :0) because i know once the room is cleaned up they'll be playing IN it more again. then playing with the toys again. lately they've been bringing out what they want to play with in the living room. so it'll be nice for them to have their room back again.

i am hoping to rid the room of toys though. really. i mean do they really need all of them. nope. i just have the problem of a good 'deal'. it's my goal to be better at looking past those deals. and buying things that they need. i've also purposed it to only buy them things for a 'reason'. like christmas or their birthdays. they seriously do not need a toy everytime we go shopping. i have been doing really good at this lately. i've been quite pleased with myself. i think the last 'toy' we bought for them was actually a book from walmart for valentine's day. so really i think books are okay ANY time. so i guess the last toys any of them got was for christmas. of course amelya has a birthday coming. i bought her a little people set she doesn't have. and two groovy dolls. (i'm so excited to give them to her because she's been eyeing them up at the mom and pop place) that's all she is getting from us. and really she doesn't even care i'm sure. my sister today said she's going to take amelya for a pedicure and out to eat. to me, that beats any material gift. instead she'll get a speical time with auntie amy. so i think that's cool. my mom and dad are giving her, her own digital camera. which is way fun for her!! i know shaun's mom is getting her some dora dvds. we don't have cable so she doesn't get to see dora a lot, either that or i'm spending money renting the dvds. so it'll be nice to have some of our own. one of shaun's sisters is getting her a game. so she's not getting too many toys. i don't think of games necessarily as toys. so it's all good.

well the video is loaded. so i'll leave you with that. enjoy!! :0) have a happy friday and weekend too.

12 loving words from you.:

He & Me + 3 said...

yea for Amelya and her great screening. That is awesome. The video was so cute. Your kids are adorable...

Kelli said...

Wow you have a smart little girl! Good job Amelya! Your kids are sooo cute! Maybe someday we will meet up out at the mall or something. I think that Dustin must be a bit bigger than Landyn. I just want to pinch those cheeks! What day was Dustin born and what is he weighing in at?

mittelmommy said...

can't believe dustin is already getting cereal!
glad the screening went well the other day.
looks like you rearranged your living room from what i can see in the video!

Ashley said...

Way to go Amelya!!! Totally loved the video too!

agk11808 said...

i loved breighs face when they are by dustin, a total breigh face! Yay to Amelya and being sooo smart. Of course caikerbaker dancing with both bears. And dustin the little man sooo cute

~*Michelle*~ said...

OK, I just love hearing and seeing a busy house full of LIFE!!! Makes my heart go thumpa thumpa.

And you have a sweet voice....I, on the other hand.....sound like a car horn.

And YIPPEE on all the good news with the screenings!

xox

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I do the same thing with toys. Do we need them all? No. Do I continue to buy as though we don't have a million? Yes.
Tell me more about the Wii Fit step, I am not familiar with it...

-stephanie- said...

Wow, Amelya the brainiac. Good job, girl. The video was very cute.

Esther said...

So glad the screening went well for Amelya! I loved watching the video--especially Dustin--he's got a lot of little mommies!

OHmommy said...

what a HAPPY friday! the video was so stinking darling. what a nice memory they will have.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You can join me at the spa any day of the week, my friend. It would be fun, wouldn't it? We could laugh, gossip about other bloggers, and drink champagne. Maybe someday...

I didn't know that you homeschool your children. Where have I been? Do you love doing so?

-Francesca

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

That's awesome about Amelya! All your work is paying off. :) Will you continue to homeschool through elementary school or just preschool?