i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

quick minute.

well the kiddos are finishing up breakfast. so i'm quick writing you.

i want to say thanks for all the prayers about everything. it truly means so much to me/us.
shaun decided to tell the guy we can't make a decision so fast. so we didn't tell him by yesterday. we're still praying and seeing what god guides us to do. right now we're both leaning towards the newer tractor, but still weighing out the options, and seeing if that is what god truly wants us to be doing. so we'll see...

we're probably going to be planting peas this year. the 'pea guy' came last night. we are going to look at the contract and run some numbers with that and see if it is more profitable to do peas or just plant hay. it's so hard to run numbers though because obviously farming depends the most on weather and such. so we have to figure out high end and low end and middle and and and and. we had peas a few years ago and they didn't turn out so well, but the year before we were married shaun had peas and they turned out fantastic. so it is really hit or miss.

oh...we figured out where oscar's flu poop came from...he had a treat for shaun yesterday morning. poo and puke. but at least in the puke we could see where it was coming from. our neighbor spreads some hay and straw stuff (i'm really not sure exactally what it is) on our field by our house. well apparently oscar thinks it is some sort of appetizer. and eats it. well dumb dog...do that and poo in my house...and you're out. outside that is. so we're making him sleep outside for a few nights to get it all out of him. but let me tell you how grateful i was that shaun saw it!! :0) but the dumb dog poo'ed all over one of my area rugs. so now shaun says i have to get rid it. because instead of cleaning it, my dear hubby just put it outside. where it got rained on. and now shaun says he's burning it. *tear* i really like the rug. oh well. it truly is 'just a rug'. when i die i can't take it with me...so i'd be leaving it eventually anyways. just sooner than i thought i guess.

so today i am taking amelya for her screening for 4-k. they called me yesterday to set up an appt. there was no one there when i went last week...something about no school...so we'll see how that goes. i don't think i have to worry...but it's nice to have a 'free' hearing and vision screening. guess i'm cheap.

well the kiddos are done eating breakfast. amelya also wants to play a game. i was offered a chance to do a review. so she's reviewing the game for me. look for that to come in the next few days. it's kind of a fun thing. especially for those of you with kiddos or know some kiddos. :0) so i'm off to do that. oh wait. before i do. you must go check out this blog...she's preggo!!! yay. i've been following her story through infertility and ivf...and it worked. go give her some love. because for those of us who know what it feels like to see two lines and 'pregnant'...it is undescribeable....okay now i'm done. for real this time...



11 loving words from you.:

He & Me + 3 said...

I went over to your friends blog to say congrats...that is so awesome. You are sweet to post about it. Sorry about your rug..hope you can find a replacement. I hope the peas are good this year too.

mittelmommy said...

hmm..where is our biggest loser review?!? =) was doris able to watch the kids for you while Ameyla has her screening today? Pea guy visit must have went well then...all the lights were off in the rooms you didn't want him to see? =)
What's the review you are doing?
I've been reading that girls blog who is pg the last two weeks, very exciting for them!!

Beth said...

I totally understand the farming thing - my father-in-law farms cotton, peanuts, corn and soy beans and some years are good (for instance the cotton was GREAT this past year) and some years not so great!! Good luck with making your decisions!!!

More Than Words said...

Oh bummers about the rug!! Well, that gives you an excuse to buy another one..lol.

I'm going to go and visit the gal you wrote about! I can imagine how exciting that is for her!!!

HUGS,
Alicia

Look forward to your review!

heidi said...

I hope you have a great day today, Amanda!

Elyse said...

WoW...what a quick and lengthy minute :) I promise to get well soon and stay well hopefully! Hope you can find a good replacement rug!
~Elyse~

The Jessie James Gang said...

I'm sorry about your rug. I just shed an imaginary tear for you. Its really scary to have carpeting or rugs anywhere when you have so many little ones. I decided to add to the angst recently by purchasing upholstered dining room chairs...

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hey there my friend! I'm just catching up with you. I read your last post too. I think that's a wise decision on the tractor. You can't make a snap decision. You have to have time.

I imagine a farm is a lot like running a business. And I know how extremely stressful that is. I will pray for you guys my friend! God will help you make the right decisions.

Take care my friend! I hope you have a great Friday!

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the encouraging words you left. I am just worried to death about how I am going to do this. I guess you need to leave some tips on how to raise your 4 little ones. Ha Ha!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I'm so glad that you have a little more time to make a decision. It's so hard to make a decision like that under so much pressure.
Glad you figured out the poop problem!

prettybyrdie said...

Wow. Thanks so much. I'm still kind of in shock. I used to feel kinda stalkerish reading blogs of people I don't "know" in real life. But just think, if I hadn't been reading Peanut, I still wouldn't know about babybyrdie! I guess God's hand is even in my mindless web surfing!!