i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, March 02, 2009

hmmpf

well. well. well. i don't know if any of you watch that bachelor show!?!! but wow. that's all i got to say about that. because you know...some of you may really wanna see it and may not have yet. so that's that.

today was an okay day. i've been debating lately about going on vacation. like for awhile. i feel really stressed out about just stuff. and it'd be nice to just get away. THEN GOD. he said. hey. don't you ever think I wanna feel like that. just give up on you goofy person? (yes god calls me goofy...)
and i said. woah.
he says. yeah. i don't give up. i won't give up. i love you too much to just give up.
i say...hey thanks god.
he says...no problem man! (yes not only does god call me goofy he calls me man as well...)

so i sat in the van. so thankful. that god doesn't give up on me. even when i'm 'goofy'. so thankful that he spoke to me so quickly. i truly had JUST been praying. and he answered me. so quickly. so clearly. i don't know that i've ever heard him so soon and quick before...i got goosebumps people!

not saying that now my life is easy. i still would love a vacation. now for different reasons. i just want warmth. and summer...news to me. time changes this weekend. ummm good thing the pastor's wife sent out an email today reminding us!! otherwise we'd totally show up at church at the wrong time!?! THAT'D be embarassing.

so now it's bed time. shaun was in the shower. i neglected the wash. oops. :0) so i'm off to help him. and go to bed. nighty night.

10 loving words from you.:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Hey you big goof....don't beat yourself up. If we never felt the way you did, I think we better check for a pulse, ya know? We are only human.
That is why it is so awesome to serve an amazing God who sees beyond our flaws.

Oh, and you know you (and the family) are always welcome here for a change of scenery. ;)

xox

He & Me + 3 said...

I don't watch the Bachelor, but I heard it was supposed to be a twister. Hmmm.
glad God spoke to you that quickly...I love it when He makes Himself known and gets His point across right away. Perfect timing. Glad you listened too:)

mittelmommy said...

ahh, i could use a nice warm vacation too! don't need to run away either...just enjoy a relaxing getaway...sounds so good!
i think that michelle is pretty much beggin' you to come visit...maybe make her wait a tad bit longer and she'll offer to pay for the trip! ;)
i don't watch the bachelor, but i turned the last hour or so on last night since there was nothing else on, i don't normally turn the tv on -on monday nights, but sitting down doing nothing sounded good. so i guess it wasn't a big shock to me b/c i hadn't been into the show, but it was something. i felt bad for the girl, but thought it was funny how the molly girl was trying not to beam until she broke and instantly wanted to make out with him and then i didn't see the second part where they show them together...what happened then? nathan thinks they broke up after a week...

-stephanie- said...

Thank God, for God and His ways to get to us.

You were off to help Shaun in the shower? Now that sounds like a great vacation! ;o)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm with you on the vacation. I sure could use one. But I am hanging in there too!

Take care my friend! Hope today is a good one!

prettybyrdie said...

Yet another comment semi-irrelevant to your post: The Bachelor was CRAZY! I wish someone had said something like: true love is not about how you feel TODAY, it's about commitment, about choice, about using your HEAD! This guy is so mixed up, no wonder his relationships are not working out. Totally selfish. I hope she realizes how dumb he is and high tails it out of there.

Jen said...

Okay..I'm one of the lone few who are a total Bachelor ADDICT. I have never missed an episode of it since the first one with Alex and Amanda (and Trista). Awful, I know! Anyway, I also watched last night, Jimmy Kimmel AND Good Morning America. Jason was looking for me...that's why he's so confused. But...tough luck...my hubby beat him to me and plus...I'm not sure I'd take him now afterall..being that he has so many issues! ha ha
Anyway, I am totally on top of what is going on with him. If it had been up to me..he'd have picked Jillian. What do you think?

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

When our babies were babies, I used to tell my husband that one day he would walk in the door, the girls would be safe in their cribs and I would be ten minutes down the road headed towards Oklahoma. Hang in there, Amanda. :)

Ashley said...

okay, so this has nothing to do with your post, but i was wondering how you got a patterned background in the inner portion of your blog. i know how to do the background background part, but not the part that is inside the first 'border' if that makes any sense. i can do solid colors, but that's it. thanks for any help you can give.

Esther said...

I think we're all feeling the pull for a vacation right now. This winter just seems to be dragging on. I think some sunshine would do us all good!