i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

who are those people?!?!

lol. i found this old picture in one of my old bibles this weekend. i'm thinking it's at least eight years ago. shaun looks like such a little boy. i look so skinny. ahh the joys of getting old. ;0)

this is really all i have for you today. my heart is heavy for mckmama and her family. i've been in constant prayer.

one thing god spoke to me today. i was talking with him and wondering what he will say to us when we get to heaven and we ask why this or that happens.

his answer.

because i said so.

so i rest in the fact that god says and said so. he is my father in heaven. and i will trust in that. and in him. i live because he gives me my next breath. and i will do my best to not take any of those breaths for granted.

24 loving words from you.:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a beautiful picture of you two. I crack up at old ones of me and my hubs too. We do look so young and skinny. LOL
Glad things change though...it would be no fun to stay the same forever.
Praying for stellan too.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Cute pic!!! The first pics of my husband and I together make me feel really old when I see them, and it was only 3 or 4 years ago. Crazy what a difference a few years makes.

heidi said...

Our engagement picture makes us look ridiculously young, too. Oh, right, cause we were. Huh.

Just poppin' over to give you a quick hug, miss thang. (((hugs)))

My Thursday Post will be just for you.

Anonymous said...

Amen! We can only obey God's will and follow the path that He has set out for us :) when we stop fighting that, we will be greatly blessed. I've seen it firsthand :D

I adore that picture of you, what a beautiful young lady. That beauty still radiates from you even though we may be a little heavier.. by perhaps 5 pounds right? ((whistling)) Don't tell anyone otherwise LOL

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, you're a dear!

<3 Martha

Anna Gray said...

Nice post and everything, but I've noticed in all of your posts you don't capitalize your 'i's.'

Anna Gray said...

You might want to capatilize your posts too....just a suggestion.....over all your blog is prety good.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

How awesome is it that you have known each other for so long! My husband and I met when I was 24 and he was 31. It would be fun to have a photo together when we were 'young'.
Oh, and I love how you don't capitalize anything. I would imagine you have a child constantly in one arm. Better to write as fast as you can! :)

Tim said...

Amen sister Amen!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

-stephanie- said...

Such a pretty picture. You still are pretty. Kids have a way of aging us. Or is it the husbands that have a way with aging us.

My heart is heavy too. Praying all day.

Emily said...

How cute are you guys???

I have been thinking about Mckmama too. I wish there was more I could do to help.

To answer your question... yes we will find out. I couldn't go the pregnant without knowing. HA! I want to know so I can go shopping.. if I need to now.

Stephanie said...

Too cute! You know, I look back at our wedding picture less than three years ago and think some of the same things...I was SO much skinnier. Guess being a mommy changes a lot...I'm still learning to be ok with how my body has changed with pregnancy...and it will only continue changing with another baby on the way!

You know, it really IS a small world...my dad grew up in Hilbert, WI and my grandparents still live there. Half of Hilbert is probably related to me somehow, cuz my grandpa had about 10 siblings who all had about 10 kids. Crazy, I know! It's SO fun to "meet" a blogger who lives so close!

My heart is heavy for MckMama too...but I LOVED her blog post today. God is not surprised at all...so thankful to serve a God who is ALWAYS in control!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

You both look so cute..I look back at our pics too and love to reminisce(sp?)Since I have been with the hubs since I am 16..that is a lot of years!
My heart is heavy for Mckmama as well.
Many prays..
Annmarie

mittelmommy said...

what a cute picture! can you believe that's actually you and shaun years ago? you two look like little kids...i think i always forget our real age and think we're just out of hs not getting closer to 30!

mittelmommy said...

after i posted, i saw the top of your page...did you ever think that day that you two would be married with FOUR kiddos?!?!?!!!

Elyse said...

Ok, you guys look so young esp Shaun :) I have come to figure out that everyone looks young when they get married :0
~Elyse~

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh I love that photo.....so cute!!!

I am so sad over McKMama....and yes, you are so right about God and needing to trust in Him during these trials. Even Jesus wept that night in Gesthemane when He heard God's firm but gentle "NO".

Oh, I have an award for you today..... :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I adored seeing this picture of you and Shaun. You two look so very happy!

Terrible news about Stellan. I am hoping for the best too!

-Francesca

Amelia said...

Also praying for sweet Stellan!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Look at your cute little bob haircut and your tanned self.

Can you believe how far you've come? Oh me..when I see old pics of Luke and I, I just wanna jump right back in time and laugh at myself for not knowing NEARLY as much as I thought I did.

Anna Gray said...

Hi Amanda! Thanks for coming to my blog! I don't know if you saw my comment back to you, but don't worry, it's not anything about capitalization (if that's how you spell it), or anything like that. Your kids are SO cute! Love your blog!

-A.G.

Kelli W said...

That picture is SUPER cute!! I have pics of me and my hubby from high school!! We looks so young!! It is strange to look at old pictures and think about how much has changed since they were taken!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen my friend! May we rest in the knowledge that He knows what's best for us.

Love the picture! Too cute!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love looking back at old pics of the hubs and i too!
not taking any breaths for granted? always a good idea, and always so hard. do you have a prayer person who you keep eachother accountable for that? I had one before, and it makes it so much easier!

Flip-flop Mama said...

yes, the joys of motherhood and fatherhood. . .my husband and I were just talking last night about our looks before babies and after :)