i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, April 24, 2009

flashing back and das not funny friday

well in celebration of my dustin's six month birthday i thought i'd share a picture of all four of my kids at that age. there's my amelya!! we got her pictures taken at the picture people and entered this photo into a 'cute baby contest'. she didn't win!! boo hoo.


breigh breigh. this picture was taken at sears. and after they took it we realized, duh! we have one of amelya...hence began the tradition. diaper picture. on black. at six months.

caitlyn. oh so adorable!! they turned her the other way. mainly because i didn't know. and i was getting really irritated at the girl taking the pictures, which were again taken at sears.


and here's dustin. which is a flashback to yesterday. so it's all still flashing back. some just shorter than others!! and oh yeah...pictures taken 'mommy a la mode' i don't know where i came up with that. and i was not covered in ice cream. oh well. it's my term now. don't copy it. :0) lol.

to join in some more flashback fun head on over to this site!!

Friday Photo Flashback


and i've been mia in the das not funny stuff....so i'm back this week with few goodies:::

we were at our local pizza place this week. breigh wanted quarters to go play some games. i explained to her that she was not getting any quarters from me. there were two cute little 'grandma ladies' walking by...breigh says " her have quarters..."
that's because my mom, who really doesn't look like a grandma (she's almost 45), always will give them quarters when they ask. i told breigh to go ask her if she wanted to, but she didn't. and i can bet safely the lady probably would've given her a quarter. lol.

while at walmart this week i bought the girls hats. don't ask me if they needed them, i have a hat fetish. besides they were cheap. at any rate while putting it on when we were leaving amelya goes "we can wear these hats to grandma's.....when we don't take baths"
what is funny about that is every time my mom is on third shift she showers before work, thus during the day she wears a hat. and amelya must have caught on to my mom saying something about not showering and wearing hats. too cute.

breigh has shown minimal interest in the potty this week!! whoo hoo. because she is my putzy child i've placed a toilet seat in the living room. plus i've heard others have done it. so while on the potty seat i told breigh to go potty she says 'my little potty is broke' while pointing to herself. then after she gets off the toilet it was bed time. she tells me 'i fall asleep on the toilet' lol. i don't know where she comes up with this stuff. but she's cute and funny.

wanna join in more das not funny fun?? click on the button below:


thanks for all the comments on my vlog in the post below. shaun is still making fun of me as well as my sister for the whole peace ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. comment. oh well. it's me. i'm a dork. :0) so that's that. we have a busy day ahead today and tomorrow. and it's shaun's weekend to work. yippee. have a great weekend. and peace ouuuuuuuuuuuut. :0)

18 loving words from you.:

Christie said...

waz up my homie? love the pics of the babies! i really need to get a scanner so i can put up some older ones of everything. should add that to my christmas wish list...

Christie said...

oh, and i meant to say peace out too~!!

~*Michelle*~ said...

Mama Amanda in the how-wowse.....whad dup sista sledge?

Too funny....I love seeing all the babies at the same age. They all look alike, yet have their own "look" if that makes sense.

I hope you have a glorious weekend....our temps are supposed to stay in the 70s.80s! Can I hear an AMEN to that?!?!?!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Amanda..I absolutely love the pictures..you know how I am a sucker for matchy-matchy stuff..I always put the same outfits on my girls and post the pics to show the differences and similiarities:)
Your kids are beauties!
LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Annmarie

Emily said...

Cute pictures... I hope to take Lincoln soon for his 6 month pics. I have never had them professionally done so I think its time.

Laura Lee said...

Adorable---I love your commitment to the theme. My mind has withered through the babies, so I wouldn't have the sense to remember the shot in the middle of Sears. :D

April said...

LOL Dustin has such beautiful bright eyes! So cute that you kept with photo tradition to see of your children at that age/position/backdrop... fun!!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh..your girls look so much alike at that age!!!!! LOL how you totally did the picture yourself w/ your son!! Sometimes the people at those portrait places have NO IDEA how to take a picture! They just want to hurry up and get it over with...lol!!

I'm so glad you did the meme, Amanda!!!!!!!

Oh..and lol about the potty!! Haha! And, I can't believe your mom is only 45?????? I'll be 40 in August!!! Well, I do have friends my age that are already grandmas!!

momstheword said...

What sweet pictures! I wasn't very good about taking baby pictures by a professional. We do have tons of videos and we took regular pictures too. We rarely take pictures anymore now though!

heidi said...

I love those!!! You should do a collage for your wall with a simple black frame and stark white mats. LOVELY!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Absolute ANGELS!
I'm thinking of you today. In addition to my own kiddos (ages 3 and 22 mos.) I am watching my sister's little boy who is 20 months old.
Calgon, take me away!

He & Me + 3 said...

Those pictures are all so cute and I love the one you took the best:) Really great job! Was that with a point and shoot or did you get your canon that you have been wanting? Wish we lived closer...I am selling my rebel:)

Anonymous said...

All of the pictures are so cute, they look so much alike!

Erin said...

Those pictures are all so cute...the top two look like they could be of the same baby...isn't it funny how they change as they get older?

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I love the pics of your little ones. They are absolutely precious!

Muthering Heights said...

I love the photos of all of your children at the same age - so cute!

Kelli W said...

I love pictures of the kiddos! We have a similar tradition...at three months we have picture of the boys in just their diapers. The funny thing is....Eli is facing the wrong direction in his picture because I couldn't remember which way the other two were facing!!

Julie said...

LOVE all the baby pics! So sweet! Love the family pic in the header too!