i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, May 29, 2009

a new adventure.

hey everyone. hope you're having a happy happy friday.

it's a tired friday here and a pretty happy one.

my house is clean. whew. i was finishing up the playroom as stephanie and her sweet pea drove in the drive way. it feels so nice to have an 'in order' house again. now to keep it this way! :0)

so about this new adventure thing huh?

well about a month ago i went to one of the 'home party' things. ;0) i actually LOVE going to them. and was really excited because this is one i had never heard of before. it was with wildtree. let me tell you. i fell in love at first bite. it was all so yummy. and get this. GOOD for you! it doesn't have any msgs, preservatives...etc etc. all the products actually have ingredients that you can READ on the labels. and when i found out that those 'gel packets' (that come inside your purses and shoes when you buy them) are and INGREDIENT in taco seasoning. i was sold. yes. that's right. those packets that say 'DO NOT EAT' on them...are IN your taco seasoning. now sure it isn't at the same level but still it's one of the ingredients.
here is my 'proof'::

Nationally Known Brand
Maltodextrin, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, monosodium
glutamate
, corn starch, garlic powder, spice. Contains less
than 2% of the following: partially hydrogenated soybean oil,
silicon dioxide, natural flavor, ethoxyquin

Wildtree
Masa Corn Flour, Chili Powder, Cumin,
Sea Salt, Onion Powder, Oregano,
Garlic Powder, Black Pepper

i can pronounce those words in red. but i don't really know what they are. and i know it contains less than 2% of the silicon dioxide..but still it's IN there.

so my point in all of this. i decided to become a representative with wildtree!! i figured it's a fun and easy way to make some extra money (read:rummage sale money). and it's also a fun way to introduce healthier food choices for all of us. the jar of taco seasoning that wildtree sells equals the SAME price per serving as the 'national known' brand. so in my thinking...why not buy the stuff that you know is healthier for you?

wildtree also sells grapeseed oil, which is actually a healthier oil to cook with. even healthier than olive oil. i was actually surprised by that. they have super yummy flavors too! my favorite is the european garlic. or the tuscan.

they also have loads of other things. i am in the process of getting my website 'okay'ed. but once i do my site will be at:: http://www.apopp.mywildtree.com/ it isn't ready quite yet, so check back tomorrow and hopefully it will be. ((i'll try to let you know when it's for sure ready by updating this paragraph...as i finished my post it is not ready...but i'll let you all know!)) my site is active!! go check it out! :0)

you can place orders on my site and have them shipped to your house! so you don't even have to be in my neck of the woods to order!! i love the products. my favorite thing so far is the red bell pepper and garlic. you add it to cream cheese and wheat thins and you're in love!! and I am a super picky eater!!!

now. i have to have $500 in sales by june 16th. i am doing a party at my house on june 10th. for those of you in my neck of the woods that would be interested in attending please email me. i'll send you my address and directions and all those details.

i'd also love to do a party for any of you!! you could have me come over to your house and we can all eat yummy food together...but if you live too far away from me...you can pass some books around to your friends and family and get some orders. i can also send you some samples to feed your friends and family with!!

IF any of you my blogging buddies decide to help me out, have i got a prize for you. :0) i'll give you any of our grapeseed oils of your choice. here are the super choices: Basil Pesto, Butter, Lemon, Roasted Garlic, Hickory Smoke, Jalapeno, Chili, Natural, and two of the 'European Blends'-Tuscan or Garlic. ((you get to pick one of these before your party and i'll be sure to get it for you before it!))

if any of you decide to order, i'd LOVE it!! and for all of you who order before the end of JUNE i'll throw your name in for a free cookbook from wildtree. sound fun? thought so.

i'm really excited to be starting this 'new adventure' and have the support of my loving hubby and the leading from god. which is where it all started. god led me to pursue something. and here it is. it's a way for me to get out of the house a few nights a week/month and make some supplemental income. and still get to stay home with my babies. if you're interested in THAT aspect of the business let me know. :0) i have no desire to sound pushy. seem pushy. nothing pushy here. i just wanted to share with you guys my new fun 'job'. :0) k? k. :0)

now on to other stuff. not much going on here this weekend. i'm super stoked shaun has off. i'm hoping to get to spend some much needed time with him. he's worked ridiculously crazy hours this week. he was not home once before six. and in fact last night it was eight! and he had to be in by five this morning! i just feel bad that he has to work so long. but it isn't his fault when things break. they all just seem to break at the end of the day! so he has to fix them. for those of you who don't know what shaun 'does' i'll tell you. :0) he's one of two maintenence men at two 'mega farms'. shaun wouldn't be happy if he heard/read me call them that. but that's what people know them as here. the farms have like three thousand cows or something insanely crazy like that. and shaun fixes the parlor, the gates, the whatever that needs fixing. so in general he has no 'set' hours. which means he can get done at five thirty...or eight. or anywhere in between. he tries to be done by five thirty. and is usually done by six. :0) at any rate. i'm so thankful that he works so hard to provide for our family!!

they started cutting our hay as i am typing this. amelya's outside enjoying it. and i'm off to enjoy it with her. :0) so this is short, but so is time. and i'm going to take that time and spend it with my daughter...instead of commenting on blogs. so sorry. but she takes place over you. :0) i know you'll understand!


13 loving words from you.:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I am gonna look up their site right now. I've never heard of this, but, I want to make the best for my family. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a great opportunity, Amanda! I'm sure it will be a HUGE success!

He & Me + 3 said...

That sounds really neat. I will have to check out their site. Hope you have fun playing.

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun! You should post some pictures of yer favorite products from the wildtree :) congrats hon, I hope it works out fabulously for you!!!

Jennifer W. said...

Sounds like a great opportunity for you. How wonderful to be able to stay at home and supplement income too! I hope everything goes well for you!
Jen

~*Michelle*~ said...

I am a HUGE WildTree fan.....I just came home from a Relay for Life hostess party fund raiser and I put half my lottery tickets in the WildTree gift basket....the other half went in a handmade goats milk soap basket.....and guess what? I won the soap! WOOT!

anyway.....back to WildTree. I will def. order the Garlic Garlic and that spinach dip mix. I am gonna check out your site.

Wanna come to Connecticut and do a party?

OK, off to drool......

xox

Veronica said...

So excited for you about your new business. I will definitely have to go check out your site sometime soon.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your hubby and kiddos!!!

Stephanie said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to get all the loot from the show I hosted last week! Let me know if you figure out that question I had about the club membership, cuz I'd still love to come to your grand opening show.

It was so great to visit you yesterday! Your kids are so cute and so sweet! We'll have to plan another get together soon. I hope our kids will be good friends as they grow up ;)

Julie said...

Congrats on your new adventure! I wish you TONS of success!

And SO jealous about your clean house. I'm still working on mine...

OHmommy said...

Wow congrats it sounds so cool Amanda!

christy rose said...

Amanda,

I will go check out your site tomorrow when I have a little more time. It osunds really neat though.

christy

Dazzled by Diapers said...

Very exciting. I'm going to look at your other site now. I think it's great to try out new ventures and see where they lead. Plus we all need healthier products.

E @ Scottsville said...

Wow, good luck on your new adventure!!! I hope you do SPLENDIDLY!!! =0)