i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

what i found out today...

is not a whole lot. but since you all have said you're waiting on the update i figured i'd better do that quick!!

i've forgotten to mention that amelya has been going to VBS this week at a local church. she's been LOVING it and comes home teaching me what she's learned. so sweet. we have to go there tonight a bit early so they can perform songs they've learned.

okay. the update.

it really isn't much. but it isn't bad. so that's good.

the ultrasound tech, same one i had last week...and i love her, said she's not sure why the dr. ordered this ultrasound yesterday. ((it was a dr on call..my dr is on vacation...or as they say 'out of the office'...)) the nurse apparently wrote down that my dates and ultrasound 'matched' last week. they didn't. the u/s tech said had the dr known that he wouldn't have ordered the u/s.

so what we did find out.

last week i measured at four weeks. this week i measured at five weeks. so my gestational sac is growing appropriately. it is still too early to see anything. at five weeks sometimes you do. and sometimes you don't see a yolk sack.

last week there were two spots on the ultrasound. i noticed, as did the tech, today there was only one. so the other spot 'absorbed' back into me apparently because i did not, and have not, had any bleeding.

the u/s tech brought up something 'interesting' she said that you can sometimes be pregnant with twins and one doesn't make it. your hcg levels can do 'funny' things. so i asked her if perhaps that other spot 'could have been' another baby. she said it very well could have been.

SO. maybe it was. maybe it wasn't. either way the sac that is still there is growing nicely. and how it 'should' be.

in a way the news is neutral. because your gestational sack can still grow even if a baby is not. but for right now i still remain hopeful that there is in fact a baby growing in there.

so now i wait til next week. still. lol. my ultrasound is scheduled for 2 on wednesday. next week will tell us for sure what is going on.

i did meet with the oncall doctor today. ((he was super nice and informative!!)) he said he could run hcg levels but it really wouldn't tell us too much. so i chose not to. i will continue to wait on my god.

but let me tell you this. i was SO nervous this morning. as we pulled into the parking ramp at the hospital. i felt this crazy overwhelming make you wanna cry peace. i felt it. i'm SO serious. it was amazingly beautiful. i can only describe it, as undescribable. because i should've been nervous and more scared then. but i wasn't. i can only attribute that to your prayers. thanks so much.

i also had a sweet friend call me when i was in the u/s. do you know when it was. at one. do you know when this sweet friend called me at exactally? one. i didn't tell you what time my appt was. so to me friends...that was god. thanks sweet friend. :0) you know who you are...you made me cry. and then laugh out loud hysterically. hope the bee sting is better. ;0)

so with that...i'm off to find some supper.

25 loving words from you.:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh God is so good. Continue to trust in Him. He love you so much....so do I!

So happy that I made you laugh....and cry (cuz crying is cleansing)...and then laugh again.

I put meat tenderizer on my butt cheek, for the record.

LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!!!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

I have heard of the twins thing before. I read a lot of books on twins when I was preggo with mine (and during the 6 weeks of bedrest). It's supposedly more common than most people realize. That might explain why you had a twin dream...maybe?

I dunno, but I do know that our God is big enough to bring joy from this uncertainty, nomatter the outcome.

Praying and thinking of you, my friend.

Jennifer W. said...

Well, no news is good news for now! I'm just glad it wasn't bad! We will keep praying!! I have my own personal (maybe slightly crazy) reason to believe that Jacob was a twin, but of course I could never prove it.
Jen

Veronica said...

I was so wanting to hear what you had found out today so thanks so much for keeping us updated. I am so glad you felt peace today because that's exactly what I prayed for.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers!!!

P.S. I know you've got lots going on but when you have a chance, can you stop by my blog?

Megan said...

well i am glad it wasn't bad news per se.....

It will all work out, God will see to it!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I am so glad it wasn't bad news. :) I'm still praying for ya.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I am so glad there there was no bad news. I am praying for you.

The Mama said...

wow, considering you being 5 wks i think this is just about the best news! i'm so glad. and that peace you felt-- amazing. when i was preggo with bug (didn't know it yet)i had a major bleeding episode about 3 weeks after i conceived. i went to the doc and they checked everything and told me i was fine. 3 weeks after that i went in for a chest xray (thought i had pneumonia) and did a pg test "just to make sure." well, it came back positive and i immediatley thought that the hcg was still in my blood/urine but that i had lost the baby three weeks ago. i went in for an u/s the next day and saw a little tiny heart beating in a 7.5 wk baby. the doc thought that all the bleeding could've been a twin (she didn't offer this info, but i asked). but somehow i held on to ms. bug and she's fine and healthy today. i remember those feelings i had between the day i found out i had hcg in my system and the next day's u/s. for those 24 hours i was mourning what i thought i had lost. they monitored me for the next 4-5 wks pretty closely with u/s to make sure she grew and everything was fine. i pray that your little one is growing just fine safely inside you! hugs!

Megan R. said...

I am praying for you, and the baby!

Jennifer said...

Sending you continued prayers Amanda!!

~ Jennifer

Stephanie said...

Oh, Amanda...still praying for you and hoping for a miracle too. After reading your last post I felt a little guilty too, because there are so many times someone says "I'll pray for a miracle" and I think..."ok, but how often does God actually do it?" But how wrong that can be...it's like we limit God and say "God can't REALLY do that"...when in reality He can do ANYTHING. So, I'm praying for a miracle, dear friend...and praying the peace he gave you will continue.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

No bad news sounds like good news to me! :) Keeping you in my prayers, friend.

Jessica said...

Still praying, and I'm so glad I've "met" you in time to walk this journey with you, even at a distance.

Keep waiting on God. He is perfect.

April said...

Such wonderful news today, Amanda. I hope the good news will continue to come for you in this pregnancy.

Jane Anne said...

It sounds like a good visit. I would be encouraged. I hope you are. I will keep praying for you.

Stop by my blog when you can. I'm having a fun contest!

-stephanie- said...

I prayed for a peace that surpasses all understanding and it seems you are receiving just that. Thanks for the update and I continue to pray for the best of news.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am going to continue to pray.

Stephanie said...

Praying for you! Hope you're able to relax and get some rest!

christy rose said...

I will continue to pray!

Emily said...

Praying for a very happy result next week!!!!

C.C. and Double T said...

I have experienced that kind of peace myself once or twice, so I know what you mean. Indescribable!

I was praying for you at 2 p.m. (1 p.m. your time yesterday.) Continuing to pray...

Unknown said...

Continued prayers! Hang in there!
Any chance they checked your progesterone?

Julia Ladewski said...

praying for good news and that God will bless you during this time.

don't know the route you're taking to Connecticut, but we are near Buffalo, NY, so you are more than welcome to stop by, see Niagara Falls and visit!

TinaJewel said...

i wanted to let you know, i am still praying for you and baby E.

E @ Scottsville said...

Praying with you this afternoon!!!! Can't wait to hear.