i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

bad mom of the day award goes to...

ME!!

well i know i'm not a 'bad' mom. but i had a moment where i felt like it today.

it's library and mcd's day. two of my good friends come to story time and mcd's with us. between the three of us (great, excellent and wonderful) mommies we have nine kids.

as we were walking to the van after story time i was getting my kids buckled up.

that is until i realized caitlyn was not there.

i asked my friends if they'd seen her.

nope.

shoot.

so i walked back into the library and found my sweet caitlyn playing with toys at a table.

she didn't even know i forgot her.

but i still felt awful. still do. but she doesn't even 'know' and i just do...that and the whole internet now. ;0)

but she was safe and sound in the library. and i noticed as i was getting them in van, not at mcdonald's...now
THAT would've gotten me the award...and some sort of child protective services call.

and USUALLY!!! i count 1,2,3,4 as i'm walking out of the door...want to guess if i did today? nope. i didn't. so i'll 'blame' that on my not realizing it right away. plus amelya is the oldest out of the nine kiddos...so i just saw a whole bunch of little people walking out...just didn't notice one of MINE were missing.

oh well. it'll be a good story to tell her i guess.

now it's nice outside today. so i'm off to clean out our van. before it gets freezing cold and i don't want to do it.

14 loving words from you.:

Jennifer said...

Definitely not a bad mom! Yesterday I was leaving Starbucks after meeting a friend. I put Nudgie in Nani's carseat instead of her own...saved time. As I was driving, I looked in the rear view mirror to talk to her (I can see HER carseat from the mirror). All I saw was an empty carseat. Not thinking, I panicked and slammed on the brakes thinking I left my baby behind -- and almost causing a 3-car pile up behind me. Then I heard her giggle from her sister's carseat. Lesson learned -- DON'T switch carseats -- no matter how convenient it is!

Glad to be reading you again! I've missed reading your blog!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

More Than Words said...

I think we've all had that award at one time or another!

One time, we all left a pizza party and our friend walked out carrying our son and saying, "Did you forget anyone?"

LOL

-stephanie- said...

Hey, she's safe. Stop beating yourself up. I've had a few bad mom of the day awards myself. We all do.

He & Me + 3 said...

I deserve that award daily. We all make mistakes as moms, but the beauty is that our kids for some reason still love us. I love that about them. They are so forgiving too. We walked away from an exhibit at the Zoo and left Model standing their. Agent thought I had her, I thought he had her. Bummer...I ran back in tears and fear and she was fine, but boy did I win the award that day. I only had three...so take it easy on yourself it happens. She is safe all is good with the world.

Jennifer W. said...

It happens! Thankfully you realized it when you did! Don't beat yourself up for it-she's ok and that's what matters. I have mild panic attacks whenever we go somewhere big (like Six Flags or something) cause I'm always afraid we'll get seperated somehow, but we always have the 'what to do if we get seperated' talk, and I feel a little better. And I'm not a panicker!! I can't imagine how neurotic I'd be if I was!!!
Jen

mummyof6monsters said...

No way- not a bad mum!! Im constantly driving people crazy going "Wheres Luka (or Jai or whoever)" after Luka escaped the house a few months ago!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I don't think your'e a bad mom either. As a matter of fact since you have 4 little ones to take care of, I think you are Super Mom! I am glad to know she was ok. You will be too, Mama!

Take care my sweet friend!

Esther said...

I've done that before. Actually, just did that today with Emma! Don't beat yourself up--we all have a lot on our minds!

Unknown said...

There are a lot worse places to be forgotten at. Sounds like she wasn't scarred for life.

Emily said...

Your not a bad mom. You have so much on your plate as it is... I am just glad she didn't know. But your not a bad mommy!

christy rose said...

Been there and done that!!!! Just laugh and be thankful you remembered before you got home! :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Had you been at a mall or some crowded public place you would have checked and double-checked that you had all your little chickens. She was in a safe environment and you only left her alone for a few minutes. I'll bet you're not the first awesome mom that has done this. Try not to be so hard on yourself, friend. :)

Heather said...

When Dillon was still in a bucket car seat I was scared to death I'd put his car seat down by the van to get out my keys and forget him there, put his brother in his car seat and then drive away. Didn't happen, but I was so sure it was going to. All mommies forget their heads now and again so don't worry about it.

Kelli W said...

I hate that feeling when you look around and can't find one of your kiddos. I think you automatically start thinking the worse! I'm glad she was safe and sound in the library!