i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

hodge podge

hmmm. well i have some time. i'm up before the kids. thank you baby for making me have to pee. :0) then i get some time to blog. and to hopefully read some blogs. and shower before they get up. dustin is the only one who truly napped yesterday, so hopefully the girls all will sleep in well.

breigh and caitlyn have been getting sillier and sillier while 'napping'. they will generally play up in their room together for a couple of HOURS...YES HOURS!! before falling asleep. which means i hardly have been seeing them in the afternoon. i don't quite know what to do. they're obviously tired because eventually they DO fall asleep, and sleep for a good two to three hours. i do go upstairs and tell them to stop, and lay them back down. caitlyn is still in a crib (thank goodness!! i don't know what she'd do if she'd have free reign) but breigh is not and obviously i can't tie her in her bed. :0) i just go back up there and tell her to stay IN her bed. which she will then do. but she will stand, sit, jump...anything but lay! lol. one time the other week i went up there and i walk in their room...they're both jumping in their beds and caitlyn has a fireman's hat on her head. it was so hard to not just laugh at them. they're giggling and so cute.

they aren't really doing anything 'naughty' per se, just not going to sleep right away. and it doesn't matter if it's noon when they go up there or three. they always play for awhile first. yesterday it was almost four and they still weren't sleeping so i just brought them downstairs. which in turn makes them super crabby by seven thirty. but not tired. if that makes sense. plus sometimes we don't get done eating supper til seven because of when shaun gets home from work. so i really don't want to put them to bed then, because then they lose out on time with daddy. i'd honestly rather have crabby kids for an hour just so they can see him. plus it's not unbearable. they're just a bit more whiney, or break down easier. nothing major. :0)

breigh just may be getting to the point of no naps. NOO!! :0) she needs a nap some days but not all days. caitlyn needs a nap everyday yet i think. ahh who knows. either way the eventually sleep. and even if they sleep til six thirty, they still go to bed at eight thirty. so we'll just do what works i guess.

what a rant. i'm feeling pretty decent. one downer is that dairy has been making me feel yucky. like ice cream! :0( i LOVE ice cream. and i think because i 'can't' have it, i crave it more. yesterday i gave into that craving and got a root beer ice cream cone from a&w...and it confirmed my feeling yucky. about an hour or two later i felt awful. so i'm going to lay off the ice cream for awhile i think...you know until next week. :0) it really only seems to be ice cream and whipped cream that i've noticed too. not cheese. so there must be something more in those to help me feel yucky.

but i know i've told shaun and i'll say it again. i'll feel yucky and puke if i have to for ten months if it means holding a baby in my arms in  july. i've been fortunate to not have puked...yet...sometimes i feel like it. but it just doesn't come. i've noticed broiled meats have made me feel yucky too. i had the ice cream thing with caitlyn's pregnancy and the broiled meat thing with amelya. dustin i don't remember having an aversion to much of anything. and breigh either. it's SO interesting how each pregnancy is SO different.

my dr prescribed me the 100mg progesterone last week. after i go through the rest of my 50's i'll start those. she gave me something a bit different with those, to hopefully give me a better chance of not getting a not so fun infection. i'm praying it works, because i don't think i want to give myself the shots. this is a bit easier. and really after the first day, it's not anything bad at all. i will have my levels tested again on friday to see what has happened.

on monday i have my ob education appointment and first dr's appt set up. the ob ed. is kind of goofy, considering i just did it in august. but they require it with each pregnancy. so i go do that. then come back in a few hours and see my dr. it'll be the first time seeing her, since she was on vacation the last time i was in for the ultrasound. i'm excited to see her. i really like my doctor, and i'd be at a loss if she ever leaves!!

this weekend is a holiday parade in town. we're debating going or not. it really just depends on the weather. i'm not even sure what it's supposed to be like. our town is nothing huge, and the parade is just as not huge. but the girls LOVE the christmas lights on the houses, so i'm sure they'd love the lights on the floats and such.

shaun gets to work this weekend. i'm sure he's looking forward to next weekend when he has off. because the guy he works with went out of town shaun worked last weekend too. so it's just been a long two weeks. BUT he does it all without complaining. he's such a trooper. and i'll say because he doesn't complain, i don't complain. we just look forward to next weekend. :0)

he works so hard for our family. and i know that he doesn't 'love' his job. but he does it. because...he doesn't work for 'the dairy'. he works for the lord. it's all unto the lord. and when you're doing the lord's work...it can only be good. it's really just all about our perspective.

oh...wildtree! i've got to say how my job is going. :0) last month, november, i had my best month ever!! 2121.00 in sales!! i was/am so excited. it also means i earned all of the new products in the january book for free!! woo hoo!!

i also want to pass an invitation out to all of YOU.

i am doing a holiday open house at my house next week thursday from 6-8. for those of you in my neck of the woods, i'd love for you to come and taste some yummy food. please just leave a comment if you need directions, or email me. my house is very easy to find.

for those of you not in the area..it's okay...you can still order if you'd like. i'm offering FREE shipping (5.50 savings)  to those in my area for orders over $50. for those of you out of state it's 5.50 off of your shipping on orders over $50. to get that savings you will need to go to my site and check out what you'd like. and then email me your order. all orders must be placed by DECEMBER 12TH. and all orders will be here in time for christmas!! AND anyone interested in booking a show for JANUARY or FEBRUARY will get a free beer bread of your choice. but of course the beer bread can be made with any carbonated beverage. i always make mine with sprite. :0)

so it's been a hodge podge of everything today...kind of like my old sort of normal posts. ;0)

have a super great day.

10 loving words from you.:

Kelli W said...

My older two starting playing during naptime last year and I starting making Henry take a nap in the guest bedroom so that they wouldn't play! It worked great and they napped fine...and now that Henry is in school, Grant has no problem napping in his room by himself! Our Christmas parade is this week too...I'm hoping the weather is nice Saturday so we can go. I have to tell you...my friend who went through two miscarriages last year {about the same time as yours} is pregnant again and she is due in July! How strange is that! I am praying for a safe and healthy baby for both of you!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

CONGRATULATIONS...I'LL BE PRAYING MY FRIEND.
ANNMARIE

Judson Family said...

I am hearing you on the Nap situation When Jacob (4) was younger and needed his nap but was too busy to take the time and NAP we switched to "Quiet Time" I would say you do not have to Nap but We are having Quiet time, I would get him all settled in his bed and Give him some picture books and Stuffies(Stuffed Animals) Close the Blinds and give him a little flash light. He would settle down. unwind and poof sleeping 15-20 min later. Even now we have Quiet time when Aiden is Napping, He snuggles on the couch with books,Puzzles on the Coffee Table or snuggle time with his beloved stuffies, sometimes he will sleep but most of the time he just unwinds, settles down and relaxes for an hour. ( and I get to read blogs and do some writing as well.. Win/Win Situation.)

I am looking forward to hearing about your Pregnancy Journey.

The Mama said...

my older two share a room and it's almost always a little play before they nap. it used to bother me because i am really interested in them not being crabby. but then i thought, what's the purpose of sharing a room with your sister if you're not able to have a little fun? To remedy the all-afternoon play, i bought a simple $3 kithen buzzer/timer. Depending on the crabiess level and other things, I'll set it for anywhere between 5 mins and 15 mins. The girls know that those minutes are theirs to play/read/do whatever with each other. once the timer goes off, i tell them i expect sleep to happen soon! it works most days, but on the days it doesn't i just figure it's because they are at that age where naps aren't always a necessity. but that's my 4 and 3 yr old. my 2 yr old needs a nap no matter what and i bet caitlyn does too. also, what works when i need my older children to nap but they don't want to is telling the to "rest quietly" for 30 mins or 1 hr-- i let mine read, but they have to remain QUIET and IN THEIR BEDS. I tell them that when 30 mins/1hr is up, I'll check on them and if they're asleep i'll leave them alone. but if they're awake, i'll let them come on down. but that's only if they stayed QUIET and IN BED! this works pretty well-- they are always asleep. good luck with everything. and congrats on your sales!

The Mama said...

my older two share a room and it's almost always a little play before they nap. it used to bother me because i am really interested in them not being crabby. but then i thought, what's the purpose of sharing a room with your sister if you're not able to have a little fun? To remedy the all-afternoon play, i bought a simple $3 kithen buzzer/timer. Depending on the crabiess level and other things, I'll set it for anywhere between 5 mins and 15 mins. The girls know that those minutes are theirs to play/read/do whatever with each other. once the timer goes off, i tell them i expect sleep to happen soon! it works most days, but on the days it doesn't i just figure it's because they are at that age where naps aren't always a necessity. but that's my 4 and 3 yr old. my 2 yr old needs a nap no matter what and i bet caitlyn does too. also, what works when i need my older children to nap but they don't want to is telling the to "rest quietly" for 30 mins or 1 hr-- i let mine read, but they have to remain QUIET and IN THEIR BEDS. I tell them that when 30 mins/1hr is up, I'll check on them and if they're asleep i'll leave them alone. but if they're awake, i'll let them come on down. but that's only if they stayed QUIET and IN BED! this works pretty well-- they are always asleep. good luck with everything. and congrats on your sales!

The Mama said...

soooooo don't know how two comments posted. it was not at all the operator's fault:)

Veronica said...

Totally feel you on the naptime situation. Alyssa is the same way and even though she doesn't share a room with Audrey, some days she just doesn't feel like napping at all. I think you're right though...it's just that age where they really don't need to take naps every day (even though we'd love them to!)

So cool that you did so well with Wildtree last month. I got your invite and would SO go if I lived nearby you! So sorry I don't live in Wisconsin! :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Good hodgepog! I have been there with my kids on the whole napping thing. It bites!

-stephanie- said...

Hey... I'm in your neck of the woods. I'll let you know if I can make it. Can I bring my kids if I can't find a sitter? How's that for putting you on the spot? HA
Really tho, I would have no problem with you saying no.

Stephanie said...

I feel for you with the not being able to eat ice cream...I made my husband pick up ice cream for me on the way home from the hospital the first night after A was born...It was FREEZING out, so he said, "Are you sure you really want it?" and I told him, "I haven't eaten it in NINE months - of course I really want it!" ;)

Bummer that Breigh is almost done napping...but glad you can still get them to at least have a "quiet time". I don't know what I'll do when V is done napping...I might go crazy! Ha!