i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, December 07, 2009

a random message with a prayer request.

so on friday i had my blood taken. to test my progesterone levels and see where they had risen to.

i had it done around 1030 in the morning and figured i'd have it back by five. (it was the week before.) so i called around ten to five on friday to get my results. to find out...they were still pending. ahh. what? so then i had to wait til monday *today*...

...then i heard 'it'. god's voice again. saying...what have i been telling you. wait on me. trust in me. it'll all be okay. so that's what i rested on all weekend. and quite honestly, until my friend asked me about them yesterday...i had FORGOTTEN about them all weekend. :0) god's cool like that.

i'm not sure if they'll even call this morning though. i have my first doctor's appointment today. well actually first i have to do the ob education and then the appt a few hours later. either way... i didn't sleep well last night at all. thankfully when sleep did come it was good sleep and i feel refreshed. my mind was going a million bajillion miles a minute. about a ton of stuff. and mostly my dr's appt. my mind just keeps thinking is today going to be 'the' day. when 'it' happens. i guess after going through the last two miscarriages it comes down to the point of not 'if' it's going to happen, but 'when'. is it the right thing to be thinking. no. but does my mind go there. yes. i shoot down those evil lies from the enemy with the promises of god. and then they're gone. for awhile.

so i just ask for prayers. for continued peace that passes all understanding. for my progesterone numbers to have risen through the roof. and for the precious sound of a baby's heartbeat today. not too much to ask right? :0) but you know, it really never is too much for god. he hears every prayer we have. he listens to them. he may not answer them the way we expect or 'plan' him to. but he does answer them. with a yes, no or wait. lately i've been hearing...wait. wait on me. trust in me. so i continue to do that.

yesterday i got to take some pictures for my friend and her family. it was so fun!! i loved doing it. and i love editing them too. i'll be sure to see if it's okay that i share some with all of you.

on my way home i was listening to the radio. a girl called in, i missed most of her story. but the point was she had two girls that she was sending to church, but she herself hadn't been going. the announcer said something i've heard before, but for some reason heard it differently last night. everything is not 'taught' to kids, it's 'caught'. she could send her girls to church til they were blue in the face to 'learn' what they need to learn. but really what they're learning...is that church isn't really all that important to their mom. so even though she is thinking she's teaching them...what they're catching...is a completely different story. and usually what they catch is what they use.

he shared some more with her. and also said how the enemy will take us away from the lord one step at a time. one 'small' thing at a time. something that doesn't seem so big of a deal at a time. soon all of those little things end up a whole big distance away from god.

the cool thing about that 'big distance' is it doesn't take a whole bunch of little steps to come back to god. all you have to do is want it. want to be back with god. leave the enemy a whole big distance away and voila. you can. god doesn't make you go through some sort of testing to come back to him. he'll take you. broken. used. hurt. down. and he'll restore you. he'll heal all those hurts. is it an easy road? mmm...no not always. but is the road worth it...oh yes...ALWAYS.

so my sweet friends...keep on keeping end. the goal at the end of this race is SO worth it!!

i also must add, my internet is completely lame lately. i've been reading your blogs. then when hit comment. blech...my computer locks up and completely has to restart the internet. so veronica, your tree looks gorgeous. alicia, those cookies look to die for. erin, your baby is so precious. and so on and so forth. :0)

6 loving words from you.:

Kelli W said...

I hope everything goes well at your appointment today! Thanks for sharing the story about the lady on the radio...we talked about something similar in Sunday School yesterday too!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I am praying for you. God is in control.

Jennifer W. said...

Praying! You are inspirational. :)
Jen

Veronica said...

Good morning! Just want you to know that you will be in my prayers today! I know the waiting is tough but I pray you'll feel His peace. I am so proud of you and so thankful to have a friend like you! Love ya!

P.S. The last paragraph of this post made me smile! Bummer about your internet. That would drive me crazy!!!

More Than Words said...

Aww, Amanda! I'm glad you like the cookies! LOL

I will be praying for you, my friend. Always will!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.

Love ya!!

Cortney Heath said...

Prayers are with you. That story of that girl sounds like my story growing up. My parents never went to church with me they always sent me to sunday school and I hated it. I still dont go to church now and I think alot has to do with the fact my family was not interested growing up but they expected me to be. I understand what that guy was saying to her and wish that would of been how my parents taught me. Then maybe I would go now and be more interested.