i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, January 08, 2010

TGIF.

do you remember tgif on abc way back when? it totally made me think of that today. it actually had 'decent' shows on it. like boy meets world. i loved that show. i though topanga was so pretty. and it was just a 'good' show. now i don't think there is really anything 'family' friendly on on fridays. heck most nights. i'm not saying i don't enjoy a good episode of criminal minds...it's the kids who don't. lol.

i'm up before the crack of early today. it's still dark outside. as shaun plows out the driveway...i sit in the house that hasn't quite started heating up yet. but i sit excited for today. today is my ultrasound. it's the 13 week one. i'm not exactally sure 'what' they test for...i just want to see baby.

shaun took off of work for today too. so i'm excited about that. he gets a three day weekend! he had a long week at work anyways though. i think there was one night he was home before 530. so it helps out then taking today off, it isn't too many hours off of his paycheck. plus he had to work later last sunday. so it will pretty  much even out. perfect.

we're going to have a 'special' day, as amelya calls it. the kids don't know it yet, but after my appt we're taking them to monkey joe's. it's a fun blow up place. well i MEAN a place where they have a whole bunch of inflatable things to run, jump and play on. we're hoping since we're going during the day it won't be too busy either. plus we can play too. :0)

of course we'll also have to eat lunch somewhere in there. so who knows where that will be. :0) we finally had hu hot last week. so that craving is satisfied. and i made tacos last night. so i quickly satisfied my craving for mexican...but one can never get enough chipotle. we'll probably let the kiddos pick...since it is their special day.

i'll try to post pictures of the u/s today as soon as i can. and while you wait...have a super great day!!

14 loving words from you.:

Jen said...

Have a super day! family days are so fun!

I'm finally gonna get a chance to visit my bff in your lil town- she had her baby a couple weeks ago! I'm beyond excited, even though I'd love for it to be a "special" day here too! One of these days, we have to meet face to face, you know. ;)

I loved TGIF on ABC. Times were simplier then, weren't they?

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

TGIF was awesome. The cosby show is about the only TV show I'll let my kids watch. I don't like the comercials. My son is getting older and her doesn't need to see Victoria Secret ads everytime we turn on the TV. :) But we rent Cosby from the library all the time. Whoa!! I'm getting away here. :)

Have fun at your ultrasound. I'm looking forward to pictures. Be careful in the bounce houses. Let Shaun chase them in there. You watch. :)

mittelmommy said...

So wonderful Shaun could take off and your whole family can have a special day! Sounds great! Then for Shauners to have a 3 day weekend! Very nice! Have fun at the ultrasound and Monkey Joes! Don't forget to call me RIGHT away...like if the tech says, here is the feet, here is the penis...you say, "just wait one second, I have to text my friend.." then she can continue...here is the stomach and then heart..etc...got it? good! ;)lol and i just threw the boy in there, if baby E is a little girl...call right then too! i just thought it might make u laugh!
also, one last thing...don't eat at o'charley's we need to satisfy (i don't know if your even wanting it lol) that craving together! =)
praying!!!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a "funtastic" day! Have a wonderful time and enjoy gazing at your new baby!

Many wishes for a blessed day!

With love and hope,
Cheryl
We are Nine

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Enjoy today! I loved the 13 wk scan..first time it looks like a real baby!!

They have so many of those blow up places around here..Pump it up, Mokey buziness, monkey joes, etc. Weve never tried Mokey joes though!

Kelli W said...

I love TGIF when I was little...if I watch an old episode of Full House now though, it just seems so cheesy! It sounds like you are going to have a really fun day! Have a great weekend too:)

Jennifer said...

Hey Amanda!!

Congrats on the baby!! I'm so happy for you!!! I know I haven't been around much lately, but geez...I stop reading for awhile and you're pregnant!! LOL!!

Keeping you in my prayers!!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Oh, how I miss TGIF. Such awesome shows. Boy Meets Word, Step By Step, Hangin' With Mr. Cooper. LOL.

I hope your ultrasound appt. goes well. Have a great time today, I bet the kids will have SO much fun!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I lived for TGIF. My kids like those shows now. LOL
Have a fun family day. I love those!

Jessi said...

Can't wait to see pictures of baby E! Sounds like y'all have a fun day planned. Have fun!!

Amanda said...

I miss TGIF, too! We were just talking about that, actually. Supernanny is on tonight, so we settled on that. :) Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound went (and see pictures!). :) Hope you had a great family day!

christy rose said...

I hope you had a great day! Can't wait to see sono pics!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

TGIF was right! I can't wait to hear how your day went!

Veronica said...

Hope you had a great weekend. Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound appointment went!

Oh yeah...I keep forgetting to tell you that me and my Hubby are hooked on Criminal Minds. Just started watching it a month or so ago but I live for all the old episodes on A&E. Know what you mean about it being not so good for the kiddos but boy it's sure easy to get hooked on that show! Oh and is it just me or does it seem like the older episodes are better than the new ones?