i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Monday, January 11, 2010

the ultrasound! (with pictures.)

HEY!! so i'm finally getting to my ultrasound picutres and the appt. but i got this email this morning about my baby. it's the size of a lemon! it's just crazy to think about....



Baby's now the size of a lemon!


Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.





as far as the ultrasound went. it went well. the baby was moving and grooving the entire time!! it was so cool to watch the baby move all over. and kick it's legs. i'll be in 'trouble' once the baby gets bigger than three inches i think!! i'll have sore ribs. :0) yes the baby...this person is three inches.



can you believe that. i couldn't. hold your fingers three inches apart. and that's the length of our baby. three inches. a three inch little person. amazing...truly and simply amazing. and of course this little person has fingers to wave...



i've never gotten a hand picture on the ultrasound. it was incredible to see. truly incredible!! and of course what's a hand without a foot...



look at that!! crazy!! it was so fun to get these 'fun' shots of the hand and foot along with the amazing 3-D pictures...

this one is the best one we got! bu you can see the baby's head and body and little tiny arms. so cool. the other 3-D pictures we got the baby was hiding behind the placenta, using it almost as a blanket. lol.

the ultrasound tech was able to give us a good guess at to what little baby e is...but we aren't telling that guess. yet. or at all. :0) we found out dustin was a boy...but did our best to keep it a secret. we aren't really sure what we're doing with this baby. but because the tech was only 'pretty sure' of what baby is...we'll wait til our 20 week ultrasound to see. ((so only til the beginning of march!))

and i've lost three pounds!! what?! well it may have a little to do with the fact that i had my appt in the morning and i've had my others in the afternoon. but for now i'll be fine with losing three. because i know it'll all come back! and who cares. i gained my highest with amelya at 45 pounds. so i'll be happy if i just stay between 25-35 like i did with the other three. :0)

my doctor, who i've already mentioned, i love...was 'happy' to see everything going well. it surprised me how 'emotionally involved' she seemed. but i like that. she just said how happy she was about everything and that we're 'out of the woods' now. ((which is true. but also things can 'still' happen...but it's reassuring to know i've made it this far)) 

i asked her about my headaches. and if it's okay to drink coke. because coke has been working better for me than tylenol. she said to do both. and that for paitents who's headaches don't go away she prescribes migraine meds...which have tylenol, caffine, and advil (i think) in them. so basically i'm concocting my own 'headache' meds. she also said to not drink a ton of caffine a day, but that it isn't going to 'hurt' to do it.

i've drank caffine in some portions with all my pregnancies. and sometimes you just 'need' it. :0)

so yeah. everything went super well. and it was super fun to see our little baby e. and now i'm off to get ready for the day. or wake my kids up. amelya JUST got up at 8:40!! and dustin got up a bit ago and is enjoying breakfast in the high chair. so it's been a lazy monday morning for them!! have a great monday. i'll try to get to your blogs later!! we have mom's group this morning...and then i'm going to my mom's house. so it'll be later dudes!! :0)


22 loving words from you.:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Congratz Amanda..truly amazing..your lemon sized baby 'e'...and being a family of seven.. iS and WILL Be TRULY amazing:)

Kelli W said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going great with baby E! That hand picture is too cute.

Jennifer W. said...

I've got such uterus envy! :) I'm so happy things are going well for you, the baby looks great! I can't wait to find out what the sex is(and the name too!!) but I think it's kind of fun not to tell!! I'll keep praying that everything keeps going well. Sorry you're having headaches...since I had Emmie I've been having them frequently too, and neither Tylenol or Ibuprofen have helped me with headaches for YEARS-the only thing that works is Excedrin, but I couldn't take it because I was still nursing.(it has asprin in it which is a no-no during pregnancy and while nursing, but it has caffiene in it too and I think it's the combination of the two that make it work for me) Emmie stopped nursing last week and I'm glad to finally be able take it again.
Jen

Kelli said...

yay! I'm so happy for you Amanda (i know i've said that a million times but i truly am!) they told us they were pretty sure of the gender at 13 weeks also but we didnt' share either :) LOVE the hand and feet pictures! i can't wait to see you again!!!

-stephanie- said...

Such cute pictures of your sweet lemon. I love the little spine. God is so amazing!

Megan said...

I totally took out a ruler to see three inches...that's incredible! I'm just picturing those tiny fingers and getting all squealy! PRECIOUS! Congratulations, Amanda - I'm SO happy to hear that things continue to go well!

Amanda said...

Congratulations again! So happy for you guys! I just love seeing babies' profiles on ultrasounds...I think it's the little noses. :) I'm also right there with you on the sore ribs...it's her new favorite thing to jab me under my ribs. :)

Stephanie said...

So excited for you - what a sweet blessing!

Emily said...

Congrats... the u/s pics are so precious!

Jen said...

Wonderful! So happy that things are looking great! And I'm excited to hear about what names you're throwing around for Baby E so far? Any definites?

Jessi said...

Yay! Baby E is just so cute already!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh wow! How sweet and cute and precious! I'm so excited for you my friend. I pray many blessings on you and your family!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Preciousness! Beware though, the ultrasound tech said at our 13 week visit w/ the twins that, "I would be VERY surprised if you come back in a few weeks and I don't confirm that both of these babies are boys." She also noted that she NEVER makes a suggestion as such unless she is 99% sure she's right.

And, as you know, they WERE NOT both boys. I think that is why Ashlee is still so dramatic. She was called a boy for 7 weeks. That would make me dramatic.

At any rate, I'm so excited for you that everything looks good! Praise God!

The adventure of a redneck mommy. said...

yay im soo happy for you.. i have my final utlrasound on wed and am scheldualed for my c-section on the 22nd , Im so excited. i love seeing pictures of my baby and cant wait to see her in person. im on the two week count down till Ellieannah Danielle appears.

Eliza Rae said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you. Just to let you know loosing weight during pregnancy isn't weird. At least that's what my OB told me when I was pregnant. I lost 20lbs while pregnant. After I delivered my daughter I weighed 40lbs less than I did before I was even pregnant. But I've gained like 20 of that back. I eat when I'm stressed. A bad habit to have.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

What a cute little lemon!! It made me smile when I saw the lemon picture on my blog. I am so happy for you. I'm glad things are going well.

Jen said...

Congratulations! I LOVE ultrasound pics. Even these early ones, the spine is SO defined and what a beautiful baby you have there. Can't wait to hear more as your pregnacy progress. Hope those HA's end for you soon, not fun!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Your little lemon-sized baby is adorable already.

If I was pregnant and had 4 kids already, I would be drinking caffeine too.

Jen said...

Come on over to my blog, I have an award for you!

www.usx4.blogspot.com

christy rose said...

Awww! All of those pictures are so cute. I love the hand and foot ones. How exciting! I am so happy for you. When I met you for the first time. You had just had your first miscarriage. And now look at your sweet baby!! God is good!!

The Mama said...

why is the baby bug biting me so hard? i'm only 8.5 months out, but that's almost the furthest we've gone without conceiving again. but seeing that sweet hand and foot and profile--so lovely. i'm so happy for you and your family :)

More Than Words said...

I love u/s pictures!!! I always looked forward to those appointments! I'm glad everything is progressing well with this pregnancy. You have so many people praying for you!!