i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Help Raise Awareness!!

help raise awareness for congenital heart defects...by voting for a design on a nascar car...
 
"CHDAWARENESS has used the Sponsafier to create a custom Cup car. If enough people vote for this design, CHDAWARENESS will experience never before seen glory and fame as it’s showcased at the 2010 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race."

click here to go vote.

my own very best friend has a son who was born with a CHD. he's a very active three year old...and had his most recent surgery a little over a year ago to replace a valve. this is a surgery that will have to be repeated in a few years (or more, lord willing) because the valve won't grow with his body. so this 'cause' is near and dear to my heart. and i know my friend, and i, would love for you to go vote. so please do it!! ((there's nothign to sign up for. or pay for. you just click on vote for this design. AND you can do it once a day!))

i'm off now to finish up cleaning up a bit. it's been a busy week.

and if i could, i'd love to ask for prayers for me and my back. this week i've been having awful back pain and it makes it harder to be the mom and wife i need to be when each step means a bit of pain. i was going to try and go to the chiropractor today, but it's SOOOO foggy here, i decided i'd rather have the back pain then a car accident. :0) so just pray that the pain subsides a bit, or at least goes away til i have all my work done. lol. it comes and goes all day so that's a nice thing about it!! OR if anyone knows of any nice tips or tricks to help with the pain i'd love to hear them!! my super sweet hubby has been warming up my rice pack each night for me to put on my back and that has been helping out...i just need to figure out a way to permantly attach it. :0) thanks guys!!

16 loving words from you.:

mittelmommy said...

thanks so much, amanda!
i really appreciate you putting this up on your blog, it was a surprise to read it!
will be praying for your back! i don't know if this would help any, but when nathan hurt his back the chiro told him to alt hot and cold packs not just one as it can lock up the spots or something like that...anyway, if you dont' mind the cold, you could try it! i could try rubbing your back tomorrow too if you'd like. i'm not great. but nathan always says it helps his sore spots and my brother shaun has me do it too. so i could try if you'd like. =) i feel dumb offering it to a friend, b/c i dont' just rub anyones back, but you are my best friend so i'd be willing to try! =)

Baby Slings said...

My kids loved the sling and would promptly settle down if fussy when they were placed in it and more often than not fell quickly to sleep leaving me hands free to tend to our other kids or get a few things done (again, perhaps new moms shouldn’t be focused on chores but someone had to make dinner in my house).

Kelli W said...

Oh, I know back pain during pregnancy is no fun! I hope it starts feeling better soon! And I will go check out that link too...thanks for sharing it!

Holly said...

Going to vote now!

carissa said...

i will most certainly be praying for your back... mommy needs to be able to move and take care of the kiddos! i'm sure your friend and her son have been through so much - may the Lord bless them!

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing his! My brother was born with a CHD and is a thriving 24-year-old. He'll never be a professional athlete, but other than that, he's not limited with anything and gets check ups with his cardio every 6-12 months. I pray for a long, healthy, thriving life for your friend's son as well! I'm passing this link on to my who family - they'll love it.

Prayers for your back! Hang in there!

-stephanie- said...

I think there is a sticky heat wrap out there. Icy Hot or something. But prayers probably work better. I'll keep you in prayer.

He & Me + 3 said...

I just went and voted. I will be praying for your back. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I love Megan's comment. Thank God there's alot of wonderful success with CHD although it's worse than tough for any mom to go through. Wishing the best, of course.

{:miss v:} said...

What a great cause! I'm going to go vote now!

I'm sorry you've been having back pain. I'll be praying for you!

Beccalynn said...

I generally spray the wipe, but if she's really poopy I spray her bum AND the wipe. I do it that way because I feel--whether it's true or not--that I use less wipe solution that way :-D

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I am going to vote :)

I just got back from the getting a trigger point injection at the doctors because my back is going out. Actually it has been for 3 weeks, but I was choosing to ignore it, until yesterday when I could barely stand or sit ;) I have a bulging L4 and L5... Back pain is the worst. Do you have a rice pack or some biofreeze. They always help me a little til I can get to the doctor.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL, I just read the last line about the rice pack...I'm such a dork. I know what you mean though I wish they had velcro on them and you could just attach them to you and walk around :)

More Than Words said...

I'll be praying for your back, AManda. I know it's hard to do anything with even just a little bit of back pain.

I'll also click on the link up above!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Im off to vote....

Yes, I will totally do a giveaway on your blog if you need one. I love making the straps!

Lemme know if your other person bails out on you!!!

Jonna said...

I hope you are felling better. Hasn't the fog been crazy? I guess that's what we get going from 30 to 50 in a week!! ;)