i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

to my caity-bug...

to my caity-bug...on your FOURTH birthday...

i can't believe you're four already. it doesn't seem possible. not one bit.

happy birthday.

you're growing up so fast and becoming such a little girl. you're so very independent and are starting to need me less and less. you're my little puzzle pro. i think you get them done in 5 seconds flat. you ask for "help" but really just want me to watch you do it. and that's okay. i love spending time with you.

i love seeing you learn new things. i love watching the sparkle in your eyes when you "get" it. when you concentrate so hard as you write your name or color your letter books. you work so hard and you're so very determined i know that will take you far in life.

i love the way you say Jesus. and i know someday it's going to come out clear as a bell...and i'll miss the little "she-shush" you say. you started in the pre-K room at church this week, and it makes me realize just how big you truly are getting.

i love watching you play babies. you make such a good "momma" to your babies. and to all your dolls. you love the doll house and little people sets. i think i could set you in front of the doll house and you'd be set for a week. watching your nurturing heart is such a blessing to me.

you're a fantastic sister. i love watching you grow closer to your sisters and brother. i love how you make each one of them important to you.

i love your love for dancing and music. i can't wait to see where that takes you. the determination and sparkle in your eye is so fascinating for me to see.

you're my strong willed baby girl. you put us in "parenting waters" we had never reached...til you. and you've helped make us even better parents. you've helped us realize that sometimes being strong willed is a good thing, but mostly...you've helped us realize...that we need God first in our parenting. and then it's a bit easier.

since growing up your cry isn't a fire engine cry anymore. you're learning each day how to have self control. and i'm so proud of you my baby girl.

keep on loving Jesus. keep on holding on to Him. if there's anything i can pray i teach you, it is to love the Lord. to trust in Him. because i will fail you. i probably already have at times. but God will never ever ever fail you. what an awesome God we have a privilege to serve.

i love you baby girl. because you will always be my baby girl. :)
love.
momma.

6 loving words from you.:

Kristin said...

So sweet and beautiful, Amanda! I love letters like these. She is so precious.....love seeing her in that shirt! :) I hope she has the best birthday ever!

Kelli W said...

What a sweet post Amanda! My youngest turned 3 yesterday and I almost can't believe it...times seems to fly by!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Ohhh....how precious! I pray she has a blessed birthday!

-stephanie- said...

She is beautiful!
Happy 4th Birthday Caity.

The Mama said...

So sweet!! What a big girl, and I *love* that shirt.

I love when people write letters like this to their kids on their birthdays. So sweet

The Mama said...

Happy birthday to your Caity! This sounds a lot like a birthday post I could write about my third baby (who will be 4 in 6weeks)! They sound like two peas in a pod. I hope you had a happy "birthing"day as well!