i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Friday, November 04, 2011

blobs of random.

because I am very random. and i love random posts by others. i thought i'd share some random blobs.

* my sister was in the hospital today with contractions. she is 35 weeks pregnant. she had my niece before this point. they sent her home just a bit ago with the contractions having slowed down. i'm praying they stay that way and mr. carson stays inside a bit longer. :)

* amelya has a top tooth loose. i'm sort of excited to see her without her two front teeth...maybe *just* in time for Christmas. :)

* breigh has turned into an awesome reader. i was almost crying during schooltime today realizing just how far she has come.

* caitlyn has reverted to talking like a baby. it is beyond frustrating. we're working on it, and refuse to talk to her when she talks like a baby. that has been working, and i'm noticing less and less baby talk.

* dustin is the sweetest little boy ever. at his doctor's appointment the other day he made sure to open and close the door for the doctor and the nurses.

* evaleigh is almost 16 months old. and is getting close to maybe thinking about walking. i'm a little sad about that.

* i need to get my eyebrows waxed. my hair appointment isn't for 2 weeks. i'm seriously thinking of plucking them myself. i just can't bear to do it. i hate it. i would rather pay someone to put me in pain. it is going to be a long 2 weeks. :)

* shaun works this weekend. the last few weekends when he worked he didn't get called in. i'm waiting for one of the "bad" weekends. because i know it must be coming.

* we have a women's Bible study at church on friday mornings. i've been so blessed by it. i seriously was in tears this morning at study thanking God for the most awesome church family ever.

* i love seeing my kids with their friends. every time they see each other they act like it has been YEARS. i love it. i'm so thankful for the most awesome friends for my kids. and that they're a part of our awesome church family. so as my relationship grows with the mommas, my kids can grow the friendships with the kiddos. so in the same breath, i'm SO thankful for the friends God has placed in my life through our church. and of course the few of you outside of church. ;)

* i love the freedom homeschooling has given our family. last week, we took the week off for fall break. and this week has been a great week. i think we all needed the break. i'm thankful that i get to spend each and every second of the day with my kids. i could not imagine having to send them to school for 8 hours a day.

* amelya's next chapter in math is multiplication. i can't believe she's old enough to learn that.

* breigh is awesome at math. and it isn't because i'm her awesome teacher. ;)

* caitlyn is writing her name with no help from me. she's been doing this awhile now. but i'm still astonished.

* dustin is counting to ten. i never taught him that. at all. he just picked it up from us. amazing.

* evaleigh LOVES to color. i'm so proud of her ability to sit when we do school for almost an hour. ((we have moved from blanket time, to table time. she sits at our little tykes table and does "school".))

* today we picked up a quarter steer. while the big lump of money seems like a lot, it is. it's nice to have a freezer full of meat.

* i took a hiatus from working out. but started again this week. and man, i don't know why i quit. it feels so good...in a sore muscle sort of way.

* last month i sold almost 1500 in wildtree. i'm super excited. i'm trying to make it more of a business instead of a hobby. so i can help add to our income. except it's hard for me to do it, because i don't want to seem pushy. ((here's my site in case you're interested. i'm looking for some parties in november yet. ;) ))

* i had strep throat last weekend. it was the most not fun thing in the world. and i had to miss out on taking maternity pictures of my sister. i've also been praying about doing pictures for people. but again, don't want to seem pushy. and maybe lack some confidence in my 'work'.

* shaun is the best husband in the world. mainly because he puts up with me. and loves me more than i deserve.

* i'm looking forward to craft night this week. the fellowship with sweet friends and the mentoring of an older woman in the church teaching us sewing.

* this weekend we have no plans. i love weekends like this.

* here is a picture of me and my sweet kiddos. it's nice to be in front of the camera sometimes. :)

i really have nothing else. and really had "nothing" to begin with, i guess.

* one more. i finished this post at 5:22. may 22nd is our "dating anniversary". awwww...speaking of anniversaries our 8 year wedding anniversary is in a few weeks. crazy!

5 loving words from you.:

Christy said...

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

Great job on the homeschooling, too. You're doing a great job, keep it up ;)

So glad to hear your sister's contrax slowed.

Thanks for sharing your random-ness :D

Linda said...

Loved your random post filling us in on what all the kiddos are doing.

Cute picture of you and the children.
Glad you are enjoying your Bible Study. I love it when the Holy Spirit stirs our hearts and moves us to tears. And it is so cool to learn God's word.

Hope your sister's baby comes at God's appointed time, and that everything will be great with the baby!

Love ya,
Momma Linda

Veronica said...

This was such a great post! I read the highlights of it to Fern so he could hear what you all have been up to and for every wonderful report he was like, that's awesome! I'm so glad things have been going so great for you! Making those special connections with church friends is so awesome, huh? :)

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog and can I say I'm in love?! From the title, to your children's names to your sense of humor. I realized that sounded stalkerish. Sorry about that, lol.

I'm going to try the blobs of random...so often I have several little things to say and I have a hard time weaving them all together for a post. I end up not saying them since I couldn't find a way to work them in.

I am right there with you in the eyebrow thing. HATE it. I do pay someone else to cause me that kind of pain and I wouldn't have it any other way, lol.

This post was a great introduction and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog! Thanks for sharing! :)

Katie
A computer junkie, workbook hating, TV watching, iGadget addicted, eclectic homeschooling, soccer mom of 2 boys

Ami said...

Great, fun post. :) And, I love the pic of you with the kids. Those are insanely rare in my house, too... got a good one at the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago, and it's my favorite picture of the day.