i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

blogoversary, blogaversary, blogiversary.

however you wanna say it, it's been an entire year since i started this babbling of mine. i can't believe it!! i've gained SO many friends that i never even 'planned' on. there have been so many of you who bless me with your comments of sweet words and encouragement and even more so prayer!!


the past year has brought the birth of dustin, a thyroid cancer 'scare', mean comments, a haiti fundraiser and of course yesterday's reveal of my news and oh so much more!! for those of you who've been around since forever...thanks for sticking with me. and for those of you who started some place in the middle or have just jumped on board. thanks! sometimes knowing i'm writing and people are actually reading makes it a little bit more worth it. although like at the beginning when no one really read it, i didn't care either!! :0) i just like to ramble.

the lady who we raised stuff for for the haiti trip recently emailed me some pictures. with her permission i'm sharing them with you today!! I've also included her emails to me::

The Haiti baby granny was mighty glad to be a recipient of some of the diapers. She is fortunate enough to have a mattress, that she and baby sleep on while several other youngsters sleep on floor. Their mom is in Dominican Republic working to send money home to Haiti.Now the baby won';t be peeing through on her mattress---phew!The twins are near and dear to my heart as we saw them while we did hurricane relief work last September. They had almost drowned and we came back to their temporary tent city to give them antibiotic injections each day. Mom was frantically trying to pull them from the water during the flooding, so sever pneumonia. AS you can tell, she tries to use little underwear on them. I am sure when the pee through for the day they go naked. You can tell they are somewhat malnourished. I was glad to see them again and see a success story.

Some more lovely Haitian children----precious in HIS sight and who were the recipients of your generosity.Thanks so much again. I will keep in touch with your blog. If you feel so inclined, please pray for details for me to return to Haiti this summer with my 17 year old daughter. She is interested in Dietician/nutrition and we may be able to work with a feeding program/nutrition for malnourished kids. God needs to make several provisions, which no doubt, HE can do.


it's so fun for me to see those pictures and know that I had a part in helping them out a bit. and like becky said please keep them in prayer about going back to haiti!! ohh how fun!!!


comemmorating my first year of blogging i have a little gifty gift to give you. well one of you. so here it is. it is a yummy smelling *grapefruit fresh* partylite candle. i actually used to see partylite and my friend still does. i L.O.V.E their candles. and that smell and that cute little jar!


so here are the 'rules' to winning.

1. one entry: tell me your favorite moment on my blog for you. recent story, old story, i don't care! i wanna know what made you laugh. or cry. or just smile. :0)

2. another entry: tell me why you read my blog. i'd love to know what keeps you coming back!

3. and yet another entry: follow me!!

please leave three different comments so i can use random.org to pick the winner.

the winner will be announced next tuesday. because i'll be way busy til then. :0)

thanks again guys for such a great year of blogging. i can't wait to keep going!!

and ps. i have a few other cloth diaper giveaways to announce soon as well. we'll see what later today brings or tomorrow it'll be!! :0)

26 loving words from you.:

-stephanie- said...

Happy 1 year Blogiversary!

It's been fun!

Jen said...

Happy blogoversary, blogiversary, blo...whatever. I'm considering taking a break since I've been at it a year and still nothing.....maybe no one cares what I have to say...LOL!

I just started following you, so I can't really give you a favorite post, maybe (was it yesterday?) when you talked about your daughter eating BOOGERS! eewwww!

-stephanie- said...

I love seeing pictures of your cuties. Now with your new camera, I'm sure there will be tons.

-stephanie- said...

I follow you.

He & Me + 3 said...

Having many children myself...I enjoy reading about your days with 4 kids and how well you handle it. I think you are genuinely a nice person & it shows through your posts and I appreciate that. I enjoyed your Vlog post too.

He & Me + 3 said...

I come back to see what interesting things a Mommy of 4 is up too. and the pictures.

Stephanie said...

I love seeing your adorable babies!!!

Happy Blogoversary!

Stephanie said...

I follow of course :)

Stephanie said...

My favorite moment...let's see that's a hard one because you are just hilarious and I love to read everything you have to say.

I think I'd have to say when you were having a long awaited date night with your hubby and proudly stated that the last time that happened your last precious baby was produced! So proud of it :) That's what I love about you..you just spit it out..whatever comes up!

More Than Words said...

Oh..those are great pics, AManda! What a blessing on how you helped out!!

Now..did I hear a giveaway???? LOL!

I remember the story that caught my attention!! It was when you received the "anonymous" rude comment on your blog! That was probably the first time I've heard of someone doing that!!

More Than Words said...

Why do I keep coming back??

1. Love seeing your pictures

2. We have things in common..as in CC!!!

3. You are real!

4. You share your love for Jesus!

More Than Words said...

I'm a follower!!!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Happy anniversary!! My favorite is your "Vlogging." You are quite funny. Peace out!!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I follow you.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I'll keep coming back, cuz you crack me up. I don't even remember how I found you, but you're never getting rid of me. :)

Emily said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!! It's been great getting to know you.

mittelmommy said...

Happy 1st Blogaversary!!!
Wow! I've been reading your blog for almost a year already?!?! That went fast...just like the kids! Looking forward to reading your life in the next year!

mittelmommy said...

As you know...I follow you, too!

mittelmommy said...

Hmm...my favorite...that's really hard...I enjoy reading your stories about the kiddos, and I love that I have known secrets that your blogger friends didn't know until the big reveals! I also enjoy all the pictures you post!
And as to what keeps me coming back? I get to keep up with you and see what's going on now that we don't get together as much to chit chat.

mittelmommy said...

oh, i almost forgot...i'm so glad the lady said it was ok to show the pics since others helped out from your blog in blessing these people!
i think you are making us put so many diff. things down b/c you love to get comments! ;)

Julie said...

Happy blogiversary (or however you spell it)! I thought I was follower, but apparently I'm not, so I'm going to be! Hope you have a great day!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!!!!! I love that you're patient with me and keep visiting my blog even when I suck at commenting! LOL

~*Michelle*~ said...

Happy Happy Blog Birthday, my sweet friend Amanda......to pick one thing that makes me smile about you would be like picking a needle out of a haystack. (thought I would use a farm reference for ya!)

But one thing I did find.....is an awesome sister in Christ!!!!!!!!!!
xox

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Happy late Blogoversary!

Esther said...

Congratulations Amanda! Thank you for posting those pictures. Thank you. I feel so blessed that I had a part in helping those sweet children. Here's to another great year of blogging!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.